After being delayed four times, the "Avatar" movie sequels finally have release dates.
The original sci-fi epic from 2009 won three Oscars for its stunning visual effects, cinematography and art direction. No, there are four sequels that will be released between 2020-2025, and Cameron's team has begun work on all of them. Some thought that the Avatar 2 movie will come out as early as next year given the start of production. The franchise then takes a three-year break, before returning with "Avatar 4" on December 20th 2024.
The update was shared via the Avatar Facebook page Saturday morning, along with a photo of Cameron and the film crew.
Sigourney Weaver is set to appear in Avatar 2 despite the events of its predesessor
James Cameron initially set out to make two sequels for a proper trilogy, the first movie of which was supposed to have been in theaters almost five years ago.
Stars of the first Avatar Zoe Saldana, Stephen Lang, Sigourney Weaver and Sam Worthington will return to their roles, despite Weaver's character being killed off in the 2009 film.
"I don't understand why everyone is so shocked by the release date being pushed back again and again", wrote Chris Creveling in the post's comments section. (Laughs) So I know where I'm going to be for the next eight years of my life. It took us four-and-a-half years to make one movie and now we're making four. "This is my day job and pretty soon we'll be 24-7", Cameron said. Each \/span Avatar \/i sequel is said to tell a standalone story that fits into a larger \/span Avatar \/i saga. I wish I could share with the world.
US Vice President: US will work with Japan on DPRK
Tensions have been high between the US and North Korea as it continues to test rockets that could carry nuclear weapons. He did not comment on what might have caused the missile to fail.
- Senator Bernie Sanders, DNC Chairman Tom Perez speak to hundreds in Louisville
- Samsung Takes on Surface With $629 Galaxy Book
- BP finally caps leaking oil well on Alaska's North Slope
- Katy Perry Slammed By Indians. Here's The Reason Why
- Asteroid to pass somewhat close to Earth Wednesday
- James Harden outdoes Russell Westbrook in Rockets' Game 1 victory
- Celtics Coach: If Smart made a gesture, 'it's unacceptable'
- Thousands oppose nuns owning new hospital
- New Zealand inflation hits a 6-year high, Kiwi dollar surges
- Nicki Minaj causes a stir with new music video No Frauds