This is a day to show support for the lifesaving benefits of organ, eye and tissue donation while celebrating those who have given the gift of life.
While it can be a personally hard decision to make, Byfield says being an organ donor offers the greatest gift you can bestow on another person, the legacy of extending another person's life.
Being a registered organ donor will impact one's level of medical care: Not true.
Walters said anyone can promote organ donation by discussing the subject with friends and family.
Senator Bernie Sanders, DNC Chairman Tom Perez speak to hundreds in Louisville
Sanders, unique among American politicians, likes to contrast his country's politics and policy with the rest of the world. Several thousand people filled Verizon Theatre in Grand Prairie Thursday for a rally with Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders.
Middleton now resides in Cambridge with her husband, where she works at a realtor. Mitchell had no idea until after his death he had signed up as an organ donor.
According to the Gift of Hope Organ and Tissue Network, there are now over 4,100 people waiting for a kidney transplant in IL.
People can register when they renew their driver's license, or online through the state Department of Transportation website or via a link on the Gift of Life website www.donors1.org, where additional information on organ donation and the organization can be found. "That person who may be in need of an organ may one day be your mother, your father, your sister, your brother, your son, your daughter, your grandkids, and it's a sad thing seeing them suffering". Second chances often create entirely new meanings. "When I was screened to be able to donate a kidney to my friend, the process was really easy".
April is designated as National Donate Life Month, which is a national initiative that encourages Americans to register as organ, eye and tissue donors. Most health conditions do not prevent donation and age is not a factor. "Thanks to the commitment of the Governor and the New York State Legislature, great strides are being made that will make a difference in the lives of the almost 10,000 New Yorkers now awaiting a lifesaving organ transplant".
- Katy Perry Slammed By Indians. Here's The Reason Why
- Documentary delves into life of music pioneer Clive Davis
- Thousands oppose nuns owning new hospital
- NC Cities Land NCAA Championship Games, None In Charlotte
- Fahrenheit 451 movie blazing forward with Michael B. Jordan and Michael Shannon
- Samsung, Amazon deliver HDR10+
- All Four Avatar Sequel Release Dates Confirmed!
- United Nations strongly condemns North Korean missile launch after delay
- New Zealand inflation hits a 6-year high, Kiwi dollar surges
- Trailer: Sofia Coppola's The Beguiled