A pilot and co-pilot were killed Friday when their cargo plane went off the runway at a Charleston, West Virginia, airport, authorities said.
Plante said there was no indication of any issue with the aircraft before the crash.
Eyewitnesses reported the plane going off of the runway and "over a hillside", according to ABC.
Preliminary reports suggest the twin-engine turboprop - identified as a Short 330 - made a hard landing with one of the wings striking the runway at Yeager Airport and causing the plane to cartwheel.
Kanawha County Commission President Kent Carper declared a state of emergency following the accident and had asked drivers to avoid any roads in the area. Airport officials told WSAZ that the victims were the plane's pilot and co-pilot.
Air guard, army guard, Charleston Police and Fire along with Yeager crews responded to the crash.
Videos of SpaceX's rocket landing are like something out of science fiction
NROL-76, the designation for the classified satellite launch, was SpaceX's first dedicated mission for the military. Across the country, cheers erupted at SpaceX Mission Control at company headquarters in Hawthorne, California.
The crash happened just across the tarmac from where a landslide took out part of the runway in in 2016.
The U.S. National Transportation Safety Board is investigating the incident, Fox News said.
The plane was operated by Mountaineer Air plane, contracted by UPS.
"As we attempt to learn more about the situation, we are keeping the crew involved in our heartfelt thoughts", UPS said in a statement.
West Virginia American Water is also monitoring the crash since oil spilled out of the plane and could flow into a tributary of the Elk River.
- Anthem Inc (NYSE:ANTM) Receives Hold Rating From Cantor Fitzgerald Analysts
- Either open new chapters, or goodbye — Erdogan to EU
- IPL 10: Mumbai Indians beat Gujarat Lions in Super Over
- Queen Elizabeth II turns 91 with quiet day, gun salutes
- Sainsbury's full-year profits fall 8.2%
- DeShone Kizer "In Play" For Green Bay At No. 33 Overall
- New Hamas program softens language, but some goals remain
- Darling writes off Corbyn's chances in general election
- Will Ferrell returns as Bush for 'Not the White House Correspondents' Dinner'
- Delhi: Raids at national shooter's house-DRI ropes in IT for probe