Amazon Prime Video has some of the best original TV shows and Oscar-worthy new movies (Best Picture victor Moonlight is coming soon), which is why it infuriates me that I can't stream that content directly on my Apple TV. It would also be a first step towards ending a long-ranging dispute between Apple and Amazon, which could potentially help Apple to sell more Apple TV devices. The Apple TV app will presumably have the same limitations.
Amazon had something of a falling out with Apple over the cut it takes from in-app purchases, which would have meant Apple taking a slice of rentals and purchases from the (many) movies and TV shows not included in the Prime deal.
Scott Porch writes about the streaming-media industry for Decider and is also a contributing writer for Playboy. At last year's Code Conference, Amazon chief executive officer Jeff Bezos said the Apple TV's incompatibility with the Amazon Video app played a role in the move.
Will Stone Throwing End In Kashmir?
To this, the bench said there shall be suggestions and dialogue as even if suggestions are rejected, the dialogue should go on. Qayoom said the lawyers' body has been asked to come up with a response "so that the court can proceed further in the matter".
At time of writing this, Amazon shares are trading down 0.45 percent while Apple stock is trading up 1.50 percent.
As retaliation against Apple, Amazon stopped selling Apple TV boxes on its website back in 2015.
Apple is considering to bundle its music, news and books with its planned video and TV service. Instead of needing multiple devices to watch our favorite shows and videos, we can watch everything through Apple TV, regardless of where it streams from. Similarly, you can't buy a Google Chromecast for the same reasons, although you can get the Roku players.
For those not keeping track, Amazon hasn't exactly had a smooth relationship with some of its competition in the video streaming space. And if you can't, then we don't want to sell it to our customers, because they're going to be buying it thinking they can watch Prime Video and then they're going to be disappointed. "And they're going to return it".
- Madhya Pradesh chooses Jan-Dec as its financial year
- Sainsbury's full-year profits fall 8.2%
- North Korea warns of 'nuclear holocaust' after USA drills
- Thomas family releases statement; wants to 'focus on recovery'
- Planned Parenthood reopens abortion clinic in Texas
- Will Ferrell returns as Bush for 'Not the White House Correspondents' Dinner'
- New Hamas program softens language, but some goals remain
- Videos of SpaceX's rocket landing are like something out of science fiction
- IPL 10: Mumbai Indians beat Gujarat Lions in Super Over
- Facebook CEO dinner hosts say he's not running for president