As we explore the reasons why he remains unsigned, it might be time to focus on one of the handful of teams for which Kaepernick truly makes some sense - the Seattle Seahawks. Undrafted free agent Trevone Boykin backed Wilson up last season and is now in line to do so again this year. Disparate reports last week circulated that Kaepernick had either received interest from three teams or that precisely none have sought an interview with him.
The Seahawks have extended familiarity with Kaepernick after his run with the NFC West-rival San Francisco 49ers in the last five years. "But quite frankly, yes, we are looking at all those guys".
Griffin was released by the Browns at the start of free agency, ending a one-year stint with the team after beginning the season as its starter but suffering a major shoulder injury in Week 1.
Kaepernick logged one of his best games of 2016 against Seattle a year ago, completing 17 of 22 passes attempted for 215 yards and a touchdown in the Week 17 finale.
Sally Yates Testimony Blows Trump Russia Scandal Wide Open
The controversy began during the transition period when Flynn spoke over the phone with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak. But President Donald Trump waited 18 days before showing Flynn the door for lying to Pence.
That Kaepernick remains unsigned has raised questions about whether the political stances he took last fall - initially sitting for national anthem and then kneeling - are making teams wary.
Kaepernick, 29, has remained unemployed despite a career resume that's much better than several quarterbacks who have been signed this offseason. Multiple Seahawks players backed Kaepernick when he decided not to stand for the national anthem, and the team later made a decision to stand with interlocked arms as a display of unity before last year's season opener in response to his stance.
In addition, the Seahawks have an uncertain situation behind Wilson.
Local product Jake Heaps is the other quarterback on Seattle's roster. Each also has a big arm and, as options dwindle, would likely accept a modest salary with bonuses based on play.
- Concussion spotter couldn't pull Crosby for hitting boards
- Ireland's fate in this year's Eurovision Song Contest has been revealed
- Joshua wins world boxing title defense against ex-champ Klitschko
- Mnuchin: US partners more comfortable with Trump on trade
- Can Arsenal finally win away to Stoke City this weekend?
- Mom killed protecting daughter from out-of-control auto on Mother's Day
- Capitals overwhelm Penguins 5-2 to force Game 7
- Trump's trade nominee gets broad Senate support
- Bonucci full of praise for Alves
- Cavs to wear Goodyear logo on jerseys next season