He said there had been a "spell" during the season that had been "difficult", adding that it had been "difficult for me in my personal situation".
Even if he has the support of majority shareholder Stan Kroenke, Wenger's Arsenal love affair turned fractious long ago and even if he wins the FA Cup this weekend, the boardroom battles he has been embroiled in for several months need to be resolved if he is to remain as the club's manager.
The top four teams qualify for the UEFA Champions League.
While it wasn't the winning goal, with Georginio Wijnaldum's thunderous strike rattling the back of the net right before the interval, Coutinho's sublime free kick allowed the Liverpool players to really relax and settle into a tempo which suited them and essentially just enjoyed the last game of the season and the thought of Champions League football coming to the stadium they were playing in.
"It's a young squad if you look at it".
Philippines' Duterte may place entire country under martial law
President Rodrigo Duterte has declared martial law in the southern third of the nation and warned he will enforce it harshly. He mentioned the central Visayas region, where militants recently also launched attacks far from their southern strongholds.
He has, however, indicated that his future will be discussed at a club board meeting after the FA Cup Final. "So we didn't allow ourselves to be troubled by the coach's future", Giroud said.
"I think this group of players is good enough to come back", Wenger told the press, according to Goal.
"One thing you can not question is my love for this club".
"But paradoxically, last year, we finished second with 71 points, and this year we're fifth with 75.That proves the Premier League is a league that is increasingly hard and hotly contested with five or six teams that can potentially challenge for the title".
Wenger made it clear to the Arsenal board in January that he wanted to extend his 21-year stay at the club beyond the end of his current contract, which is due to expire next Wednesday. "I have two years left on my deal and I am happy here". "Whether it is this week or next week, I don't know any dates but I am sure we will have a chat at some point". ESPN Brasil spoke to the no.10 and asked him if he would be playing in the Champions League for Liverpool or Barcelona and his response was flawless.
At Stamford Bridge, John Terry played his last match for Chelsea, who received the Premier League trophy after beating Sunderland 5-1.
- Brad Pitt visits India to promote his Netflix release 'War Machine'
- Paul Merson states his prediction for Southampton v Man United
- 5 killed in bomb blast in Somalia
- Trump´s Saudi summit was ´show with no value´: Iranian President
- Boston Celtics beat the buzzer to end Cleveland Cavaliers' winning streak
- Pakistan asks ICJ for early hearing in Jadhav case
- Lowe's quarterly earnings, sales miss expectations, shares slide premarket
- Manchester bomber was 'likely' acting with others: minister
- Brewers, Cubs rained out at Wrigley Field, makeup on July 6
- Suspended AAP Leader Kapil Mishra, Who Accused Arvind Kejriwal of Corruption, Attacked