It is, after all, her first collaboration with an A-List director not named David O. Russell, and aside from those Russell films and Passengers she's mostly kept busy the past few years with her duties to her X-Men and Hunger Games franchises.
Described as a "psycho-horror", mother! is shrouded in mystery, although fans have seen a brief synopsis, which reads: "A couple's relationship is tested when uninvited guests arrive at their home, disrupting their tranquil existence".
The poster features Lawrence herself, painted in an nearly porcelain manner, holding her own heart in outstretched hands while blood trickles down her dress. As you can see from his riff on the Sacred Heart, Jean has a taste for the macabre, which makes him the flawless match for the director of Black Swan.
The shocking poster for Jennifer Lawrence's new film Mother!
US, EU to meet on airline security on Wednesday
The official asked not to be named because he wasn't authorized to speak about discussions with the government. Some travel groups have urged the administration to instead consider options to the laptop ban.
The movie has been set for an October release date, which means it will have a good chance to get Oscar buzz.
Skyfall actor Javier Bardem's name is also on the poster; he apparently plays Lawrence's other half.
Also, why is she so shiny?
So does her new boyfriend Darren Aronofsky (who directed Pi and Black Swan).
- Whole Foods shakes up board as key sales figure falls again
- California governor to release revised spending plan
- Trump's trade nominee gets broad Senate support
- Trump launches panel to probe voter fraud
- Renault latest victim of global cyberattacks, management says counter attack on
- Charlie Hunnam inspired by UFC champ Conor McGregor for King Arthur role
- Man dies after setting himself on fire on Facebook Live
- Sega's "Road to 2020" Plan Includes "Revival Of Major IPs"
- NBA Draft combine: De'Aaron Fox measures 'meh,' Suns have big options
- Xi, Moon agree on denuclearizing NKorea