James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, the follow-up to the 2014 box office smash that sent waves across the world when it grossed more than $777.3 million globally, opened in the US this weekend with a galactic $145 million return, making it not only the top movie in the country, but also Marvel's fifteenth straight No. 1 opening domestically, according to CNN Money.
Also, with characters Star-Lord (Chris Pratt), Gamora (Zoe Saldana), Drax (Dave Bautista), Rocket (voiced by Bradley Cooper), Yondu (Michael Rooker), and, of course Baby Groot (voiced by Vin Diesel) the second film too had evolved nicely from the hugely successful 2014 original.
The following discusses plot points and the ending of the movie Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. The animated film The Boss Baby leapt a few spots to number three with $6.2 million. "Summer 2017 gets us back on track".
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 opened this past weekend, and it blew away everything else at the domestic box office.
In its second weekend of play overseas, the quirky superhero sequel earned another $124 million from 55 markets for an early foreign total of $282.6 million. The Universal release, the eighth installment in the franchise, has grossed $1.6 billion worldwide.
Kohli in the runs as RCB sign off with a win
The Indian captain bowed out of the tournament with a fine knock, which was him score three boundaries and as many sixes. Brief scores: Bangalore: 161/6 in 20 overs ( Virat Kohli 58, Chris Gayle 48; Pat Cummins 2/22, Shahbaz Nadeem 1/12).
Marvel Studios' highly anticipated sequel Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is now finally in theaters, which means it's time to dig deep into spoilers. The film is produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. Final domestic figures will be released Monday.
Vol.2 also performed well throughout the weekend, without a sharp drop-off.
"The Fate of the Furious", $8.5 million ($30.1 million international).
"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2", $124 million.
"Beauty and the Beast", $11.9 million.
- Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid Champions league semifinals First leg Highlights
- Congo Ebola cases present high national but low global risk
- Oklahoma Senate approves $510M budget plan
- Canadian woman's cutout of Spicer in bush gets attention
- Best Memes of James Harden & the Rockets Choking Against the Spurs
- Uber to Start Offering Riders Real-Time Public Transit Info
- George HW Bush weighs in on Ailes' death
- Callista Gingrich set to be named ambassador to the Vatican
- Trump Says 'Believe Me, There's No Collusion. Russia Is Fine'
- AstraZeneca plc (AZN) Rating Reiterated by Shore Capital