The statement also said, "Those who were at Murphy's that night to enjoy the music witnessed Jared targeting Alyssa in her workplace, terrorizing her, and also terrorizing as many others as he could in the process".
McLemore - who has a history of domestic violence - was seen at the start of the two-minute video soaked in kerosene.
"Jared approached Alyssa and mumbled something about 'goodbye, ' then grabbed her arm and wiped it on his chest to show he was covered in kerosene", a GoFundMe page set up for Moore's recovery effort said.
According to CBS News, McLemore doused himself in kerosene around 12:30 a.m. on Saturday (May 13) in a parking lot across the street from Murphy's Bar in Memphis, where his ex-girlfriend reportedly.
Jared McLemore had posted about his mental health problems. According to court documents obtained by WREG, McLemore was arrested for trying to strangle Moore in August 2016. He choked her, aimed a kitchen knife at her and told her he should kill her.
McLemore's ex-girlfriend Alyssa Moore reportedly was at the scene as she watched him immolate himself just a few feet away. "I know she went to police", Moore said. McLemore was put on five years probation in April. He again threatened her life and then beat up her dad.
Charlie Hunnam inspired by UFC champ Conor McGregor for King Arthur role
While the exact figures won't be available until Monday morning, King Arthur is now targeting a $14.2 million debut. But the film, which also features a cameo from David Beckham, only managed to debut in third place.
Police said he was taken to Regional Medical Center in critical condition with severe burns on his body.
Memphis police called it a suicide. Police had been given the wrong address.
Duckworth and Koehler hope the attention his public suicide is getting will be a step in the right direction toward taking domestic violence more seriously.
McLemore's family has said in a statement: "Jared was our child, brother, nephew, cousin and friend and we loved him immensely".
McLemore's family said he suffered from bipolar disorder for years and was in treatment.
"It's a very, very big problem".
- Sally Yates Testimony Blows Trump Russia Scandal Wide Open
- Concussion spotter couldn't pull Crosby for hitting boards
- Whole Foods shakes up board as key sales figure falls again
- Carroll says Seahawks considering Kaepernick as backup
- US, EU to meet on airline security on Wednesday
- Sega's "Road to 2020" Plan Includes "Revival Of Major IPs"
- Why 'Scream Queens' will Most Likely be Cancelled
- Mnuchin: US partners more comfortable with Trump on trade
- Cavs to wear Goodyear logo on jerseys next season
- Xi, Moon agree on denuclearizing NKorea