The cyber attack, which struck on Friday afternoon, has so far infected tens of thousands of computers in almost 100 countries, including NHS hospitals in the UK.
"The problems were mainly related to France where some of Renault's factories also faced a malfunctioning of certain parts of its information system", the spokeswoman also said.
The attack had forced the company to stop production at sites in France, shortly after it announced that output had been halted for the same reason at a site in Slovenia. That plant makes the Trafic van and its rebadged sisters.
"Nearly all plants should be able to resume their activity tomorrow", a Renault spokesman told Automotive News on Sunday.
The Sandouville representatives said that disruption would be minimal, as no full production was planned for the weekend. Lost production will be made up, he added, and the financial impact has yet to be calculated. "All the IT systems of the Renault Romania Group are working normally and are secure", the company said.
Renault didn't pay a ransom, the spokesman said.
Mnuchin: US partners more comfortable with Trump on trade
The communique said: "We will strive to reduce excessive global imbalances and in a way that supports global growth". Earlier, he told reporters that "the relationship with Mnuchin improves every time we see each other".
The attack damaged some high-profile targets, including Britain's health service.
The cyber attack reportedly affected older systems running outdated Windows software.
Renault bought Romania's Automobile Dacia, an ailing state company at the time, in 1999.
"This primarily affected organizations using versions of Windows which are no longer supported, or which had not put mitigating controls like firewalls in place", Paul Pratley, of London-based MWR Infosecurity, said.
"The measure was taken to prevent the expansion of the malfunctions, which, at first glance, seem to be a outcome of the global cyber-attack", Renault Group Romania announced on Saturday.
- Sally Yates Testimony Blows Trump Russia Scandal Wide Open
- US, EU to meet on airline security on Wednesday
- California governor to release revised spending plan
- Charlie Hunnam inspired by UFC champ Conor McGregor for King Arthur role
- Trump's climate stance casts shadow over Arctic meeting (XOM)
- Kings XI Punjab beat Mumbai Indians by 7 runs
- Can Arsenal finally win away to Stoke City this weekend?
- Sanders Says 'Trump Is Right' About Australia's Health Care
- Who Had the Most Memorable Met Gala Look?
- Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive this Saturday