Rory McIlroy suffered a "low-grade response" to the rib injury he suffered earlier this year but did not experience any new injuries last week, it was reported Monday.
Despite being able to superbly hit all but one of 14 fairways on day two, McIlroy was clearly in some discomfort in taking pain-killers at times during the two rounds of the £1.4m event.
The BMW PGA - the European Tour's flagship event and the start of the new megabucks Rolex Series - takes place next week, so there is a major question mark over McIlroy's fitness to compete. "Then I've just sort of been managing it since". It's obviously not a hundred percent, but it's good enough to get myself around here for the next couple of days. He was originally sidelined earlier in 2017 due to fractured ribs on his left side, but the current situation doesn't appear to be almost as severe with the MRI coming back without any serious issues. "But I scrambled pretty well, and I birdied two of the last three holes to make it somewhat respectable".
"It might just be a flare-up of what happened previously and I just need to rest for a few days and it might be OK", he said. Hopefully that's what it shows in the scan.
Capitals replace Holtby in goal for 3rd period of Game 2
The period ends 0-0. "You knew they were going to push in their building in Game 1 and we have to find a way to answer in Game 2". Malkin's deflection was initially waved off for goaltender interference, but the Penguins challenged and the call was overturned.
Speaking after the second round at the Players Championship, McIlroy acknowledged that he had aggravated his back.
Rory McIlroy has never been happier off the golf course.
The Northern Irishman is even-par for his first two rounds at TPC Sawgrass and now sits nine shots off the pace set by Louis Oosthuizen and Kyle Stanley. "But there are so many unknowns and unless you get an image taken of it you just don't know".
- Danica Patrick takes wild ride in fiery wreck at Kansas
- Charlie Hunnam inspired by UFC champ Conor McGregor for King Arthur role
- Why 'Scream Queens' will Most Likely be Cancelled
- Trump's trade nominee gets broad Senate support
- Sally Yates Testimony Blows Trump Russia Scandal Wide Open
- Kings XI Punjab beat Mumbai Indians by 7 runs
- Sanders Says 'Trump Is Right' About Australia's Health Care
- California governor to release revised spending plan
- Renault latest victim of global cyberattacks, management says counter attack on
- Darren Aronofsky pulls at Jennifer Lawrence's heartstrings in creepy poster