According to a marketing and financial strategy document from Sega for the "Road to 2020", the company plans on reviving major IPs and obtaining new ones for North American and European PC games. However, the company isn't re-entering the console race but seeks to bring new IPs to the scene, as well as revive much older games as of 2017 and beyond for mobile devices, PC and consoles.
During the recent earnings call, Sega revealed its plans for the future in the game industry.
In the release of their business roadmap to 2020, Sega Sammy Group detailed exactly what they want the SEGA brand to achieve and where that will come from.
Luke is Games Editor at IGN's Sydney office. Moreover, the revival of past IPs is also a part of Sega's new strategy to "create titles that will become global hits", alongside with expanding current IPs and acquiring new IPs. Sales from "new titles" made up 5.24 million of that figure.
Capitals overwhelm Penguins 5-2 to force Game 7
Capitals D Brooks Orpik appeared to shake his left hand after being slashed by Evgeni Malkin in the first period . Felt fine", Crosby said following Tuesday's practice. "There were some chances there". "We just kept going".
Back in the day, SEGA used to be a pretty big household name as far as gaming was concerned. This marked sales increase will result from SEGA releasing a number of new games, including new IPs, re-releases in hit IPs, and sequels in best-selling IPs.
Fiscal year of 2016-2017 saw major activities from Sega that utilise its existing IP roster. These titles include Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III, Total Warhammer II and Sonic Forces.
Moreover, I know a lot of the games that most people want span from 1985-2000, which was when Nintendo and Sega were going at it.
- NBA Draft combine: De'Aaron Fox measures 'meh,' Suns have big options
- Sanders Says 'Trump Is Right' About Australia's Health Care
- Concussion spotter couldn't pull Crosby for hitting boards
- Trump's climate stance casts shadow over Arctic meeting (XOM)
- Caffeine Overdose Killed South Carolina Teen: Coroner
- LG X power2 hits the global market
- Xi, Moon agree on denuclearizing NKorea
- Mnuchin: US partners more comfortable with Trump on trade
- Murray stunned but Djokovic makes last 8 in Madrid
- North Korea Launches Missile, Trump Speculates On Russia Response