Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for southern Carroll, western Howard, Montgomery and northern Prince George's counties until 4 p.m.
With showers and storms training over the same general area Monday afternoon and evening, the threat exists for some street and urban flash flooding.
"Isolated tornadoes and locally large hail are also possible", according to the National Weather Service.
The counties in pink above will be under a T-storm Watch that will expire at 8 p.m.
There's a 30 percent chance of damaging winds, the center said.
Trump interviewed Mueller for FBI job day before he was tapped f
Ruddy told ABC News that he stands by his comments that the president is considering asking Rosenstein to terminate Mueller. The official demanded anonymity because the official was not authorized to be named discussing the deliberations.
Our region is in a zone of strong winds from the south ahead of a cold front, ushering in abundant low-level humidity and warm air.
One of those systems could bring more of that tropical moisture to our area, increasing the metro's chance of rain throughout the workweek. Additionally, the atmosphere is very humid through a deep layer extending upward to about four miles. This is shown in the graphic below, with a almost two-inch bull's eye over the greater D.C. -Baltimore region.
While these storms will be moving faster than those of the last seven days, torrential rain is expected in the strongest storms.
The Storm Prediction Center is now anticipating a slight to enhanced risk of scattered nasty thunderstorms as depicted here in this chart. The line may wane a bit as it crosses the spine of the Appalachians, but then is expected to re-intensify on the eastern side.
- Could the Apple iPad Pro be the Ultimate PC Replacement?
- Polanski victim wants the case to finally end
- Yami Gautam was in Wonder Woman's shoes... literally
- The 22-Year-Old Still Unresponsive, UC Doctor States
- Police chase spanning 2 states ends in crash, suspect dead
- Pakistan hope Hasan will shine again in CT final
- Key Takeaways From Attorney General Sessions' Testimony
- Atari CEO Says the Company is "Back in the Hardware Business"
- Could Bulls get involved with potential Celtics-76ers trade?
- The North Korea detainee's final moments of freedom