Today, the iPhone maker has finally overtaken Android in developer revenues, adding a key milestone to its 40-year history fabulousness.
Developers of apps for iOS earned $20 billion in the past 12 months. Apple noted that the success of the App Store has been in large part responsible for the widespread appeal of its products. Additionally, app download rates continue to soar with Apple seeing an increase of 70% in overall downloads this year alone. From the trends we've seen on the App Store and the experiences we've heard from indie developers lately, it wouldn't surprise me at all if that $70B has gone to a single-digit percentage of the now registered Apple developers.
South Africa beat England by seven wickets in final one-day worldwide
Angus Fraser handed the England ODI cap to Toby Roland-Jones as the home side rested Moeen Ali, Ben Stokes and Chris Woakes. The horror outing could have been worst if Jonny Bairstow wouldn't have chipped in with a gritty fifty.
In its update on App Store sales, Apple also provided some context on App Store categories driving this growth. "The Photo and Video category is also among the fastest-growing at almost 90 percent growth", Apple said. The company recognised that an entire economy has been built around the app store and the thousands of software businesses it has created. Of course, Pokémon GO helped drive the number of hours spent in apps to almost 900 billion. The App Store now offers subscriptions through more than 20,000 apps after subscriptions became available across all 25 app categories in the fall of 2016.
There are estimates that Google will surpass Apple in revenues by 2021. Apple highlighted several apps that have recently seen success within the walls of the Store. Sign-ups to subscription services are also on the rise. The same goes for subscriptions.
However, apps weren't always in the iPhone plan. Lyft released the results of its first diversity survey, which showed, among other things, that while 42 percent of its employees are women, the number in the company's leadership roles now stands at 36 percent. Apple mentions that the revenue generated from the same has grown 58 percent year-over-year with customers enjoying their most loved content without any hassles. Apple called out apps for Netflix and Hulu as leaders here, as well as the cooking app Tastemade, and photo apps Over and Enlight.
- GOP focus on lowering health premiums may undermine benefits
- Reformists sweep Tehran municipal vote as Rouhani wins Iran
- Stokes smashes century after lucky start as England make 330
- Virender Sehwag applies for position of Team India head coach
- Philippines troops rescue 78 hostages from terrorists in Marawi hospital
- Is 'Bachelorette' Rachel Lindsay the most likable in reality show's history?
- Armed man arrested at Phoenix Comicon; security to increase
- Manchester terror attack: Police investigating 'network' over concert bombing
- Sato holds off Helio to give Andretti another Indy 500 win
- French Open 2017: Top-ranked Angelique Kerber exits Roland Garros