The Cavaliers, who had a pretty easy time of it in the East on their march to the Finals, have collectively been anything but their best these last two games. Although the Warriors won both games by almost 20 points or more, Sunday night's contest was tightly contested throughout majority of the game. Indeed, they were just three points down going into halftime.
But a couple moves by Curry and Durant were big topics of conversation - and that's beyond the pair combined to score or assist on 13 of the Warriors points in a 16-6 run that closed the third quarter and put the Cavs down 14.
The 13-0 Warriors are on a roll and matched a Finals low with only four turnovers, and if Klay Thompson finds his shooting touch at last it could be another tough day on defense for the Cavs.
To accomplish the feat, Curry rocked the Under Armour Curry 4 on the court, the same shoe he wore in Game 1 on June 1. His personal record against James before becoming a Warrior was 4-17, including the 2012 Finals, in which James and the Miami Heat defeated the Thunder in five games - despite Durant posting individual numbers generally superior to those of James. "We need to do better right now", James said.
CLEVELAND, USA - Two wins from completing the first unbeaten playoff championship run in National Basketball Association history, the Golden State Warriors are realizing the "super team" expectations they shouldered since signing Kevin Durant last July.
Woman-led film a wonderful thing
"I think what's so awesome about Wonder Woman is that she's so inclusive, and she does not pay attention to any gender, race". Second, it has a strong female character in the central role - a rare thing indeed for any movie.
Those belonged to Steph Curry and Kevin Durant.
Although the Cavs lost Game 1 and 2, they've had standout performances by LeBron, Kevin Love, 28, Kyrie Irving, 25, and Iman Shumpert, 26.
"We all got better and we have worked well together throughout the season", Durant said. Durant leads all players with 71 points the first two games - six more than the player he replaced in the lineup, Harrison Barnes, scored in seven games a year ago.
There was concern that Kerr would miss the entirety of the playoffs, but Sunday night Kerr was back on the sideline leading the Warriors in their march toward the championship, telling media "The intention is to coach the rest of the series". The Cavs defended the arc in Game 1.
On that third-quarter drive, James had little help as Love got there late.
- LeBron James had powerfully dragged the Cavaliers into a competitive situation early in the fourth quarter on Sunday night, but for a chance at an upset, he needed a sliver of help in the final eight minutes to take this series back to Cleveland tied. We saw what happened a year ago.
"We're going to go home, watch the film, see ways we can be better, see if we can be a lot better defensively and offensively".
- Awkward! Donald Trump gaffe prompts Israeli Ambassador to face-palm during meeting
- Nashville helps Preds' celebrate history with 1st Cup Final
- Clinton: Trump unleashed 'dangerous' level of hate
- CBSE declares Class 10 board results
- Russian hackers breached U.S. voting software firm, top-secret report suggests
- Durant not feeling pressure of NBA Finals expectations
- Trump touts ultimate peace, but same obstacles remain
- We don't know what Trump has decided on Paris climate deal - Germany
- Comfortable wins for Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal at French Open
- England and Bangladesh aim to banish batting blues