Witnesses reported him being thrown into the water.
"Formal identification has not yet taken place, however Mr. Thomas' next of kin have been informed of this development", they said in a statement.
The announcement came as the last victims were named.
Mr Echeverria, 39, (below) bravely tried to fight off one of the three terrorists with his skateboard as he helped an injured woman.
Vincent Le Berre, a bartender at the bistro, said he was just a few feet away from his friend when he was stabbed - just two days after the staff was trained in how to handle a terror attack, the Telegraph reported.
The French national was walking with his girlfriend over the bridge when the attack began.
His father, Joaquin Echeverria, said British authorities had previously not shared any information with them, but his son's employer, HSBC, had provided the services of a private detective to help with their search.
His sister Isabel has reportedly spent hours trying to visit hospitals in London in the hope of finding her brother alive.
Irish police have arrested 2nd person over London attacks -Sky News
Armed officers are surrounding a Garda Station in Wexford as a man's being questioned over the London attack this morning . However, following initial inquiries, gardai do not believe the man came into direct contact with the terrorist.
Alexandre Pigeard (27), was among those killed, the French embassy confirmed. "I saw the hate in his eyes", she said.
If the body is identified as his, he would be an eighth victim.
Canadian bride-to-be Ms Archibald died in her fiance's arms.
The 21-year-old worked as a nanny in London and had previously been described as missing after the attacks Saturday night.
She was working as an au pair in London, and was seen fleeing from the knifemen during the attack.
In the United Kingdom, the police are constrained by a formal process for identifying fatal victims of crimes that is meant to prevent errors.
Harry said: "Australians form an important and vibrant part of the fabric of life in London and we are reminded of that in good times and bad".
THE death toll from the London Bridge attack has risen to eight.
The fact numerous victims were global is thought to have added to the challenge.
- Apple's new iPhones 'Do Not Disturb' drivers with notifications
- American coasts and cities vs hinterland in climate change battle
- Top career USA diplomat in China embassy steps down
- Nashville helps Preds' celebrate history with 1st Cup Final
- Comfortable wins for Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal at French Open
- Putin: 'Don't worry, be happy' as Trump ditches climate deal
- CBSE declares Class 10 board results
- Gov. Rauner Not Surprised At Bond Rating Drop
- SpaceX tries again to launch 1st recycled supply ship
- Venezuelan Opposition Threatens Goldman Sachs over $2.8bn Bond Deal