"We're all real close in rankings and it seems to be one of us has a good week one week, then it's another one of us the next. The fairytale ended. Now, in upcoming weeks, I think it will be business as usual". "I never see any limits for her and put any limits to her, because that would be wrong".
She revealed she posted the shot before quickly deleting it, but later explained she simply took the picture to track her pregnancy.
The 24-year-old said: "It's nothing risky and bad, and it can release in couple of hours or a couple of days".
"If I do that, hopefully as a team we'll play better".
"I'm positive about my conditioning on Wednesday".
Muguruza, who was in woeful form in the run-up to Roland Garros, outclassed Italian Schiavone 6-2 6-4, while home favourite Kristina Mladenovic survived an epic battle against American Jennifer Brady lasting just under three hours.
Serena has won the French Open three times, in 2002 (Venus was her opponent in the final), 2013 and 2015. It's incredible. It's something I think very special that just if you love the sport you can do it.
Djokovic and Nadal could meet in French Open semifinals
Federer , 35, made a decision to skip the entire clay-court season to prepare for grass at Wimbledon. He got shingles, and all of a sudden he was back on antibiotics leading up to French Open .
Wildcard Fourlis, aged 17 and at 337 the lowest-ranked player in the main draw, was the stronger for much of the first two sets, keeping Wozniacki pinned at the back of the court with blistering drives off both wings.
"I'm very happy to come back on the Court Philippe Chatrier", said Nadal, who had 33 winners.
Kerber was defeated in the first round by unseeded Kiki Bertens 12 months ago and has yet to get past the quarterfinal. "That doesn't make me extra confident this year". That's what brings me confidence.
"It's like any athlete: When you watch another player, you can see everything that they're not doing and you want to get out there and do it yourself".
Second seed Karolina Pliskova has been under the radar in the build-up because of her relative lack of success on clay but the Czech made a solid start, beating Zheng Saisai 7-5 6-2.
A tumble from the chair umpire eased the tension for a moment or two during what was a high quality second set and the standard remained high in the third, with Muguruza getting the break to lead 4-2 after putting Kontaveit on the back foot as she went on to complete a great escape.
- Reformists sweep Tehran municipal vote as Rouhani wins Iran
- South Africa beat England by seven wickets in final one-day worldwide
- Boston Celtics beat the buzzer to end Cleveland Cavaliers' winning streak
- LeBron James overtakes Michael Jordan as Cavaliers reach National Basketball Association finals again
- Bernhard Langer wins Senior PGA for record 9th senior major
- Armed man arrested at Phoenix Comicon; security to increase
- LeBron James breaks Michael Jordan's playoff scoring record
- Egypt: Gunmen kill at least 23 people in bus attack
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher make surprise appearance on The Bachelorette
- Is 'Bachelorette' Rachel Lindsay the most likable in reality show's history?