Police in Malden initiated the pursuit Thursday night after they recognized the suspect as a man wanted in ME in connection with sexual assault, firearms and stolen motor vehicle charges.
An hour-long police pursuit involving an armed subject that originated in MA ended in New Hampshire around midnight Friday morning, when the suspect crashed his vehicle and was shot.
(NECN) - A suspect allegedly fired shots and crashed in New Hampshire after fleeing from Massachusetts State Police troopers Thursday night.
State police said the suspect fired several shots at troopers during the pursuit, which finally ended when the suspect crashed into a tree at Bear Hill and Amesbury roads.
Trump '100%' willing to testify on Comey
Trump, however, insisted that he never asked Comey for his loyalty , as Comey stated under oath in his congressional testimony. Trump was scheduled to face the media later Friday at a joint press conference with the visiting president of Romania.
"Following the crash a shots fired incident occurred and the suspect suffered a gunshot injury". That truck is linked to Michael Brown, of Presque Isle, who is wanted on multiple charges including sexual assault.
Police said Brown's vehicle slammed into a tree in Newton around midnight and then he was killed by troopers' shots. The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene, police said in a press release.
Presque Isle Police could not confirm if Brown is the driver of the vehicle involved in the police pursuit.
Poice said they are investigating reports of gunfire between Brown and state troopers as they chased his auto through MA into the Valley, sometimes the wrong way on Interstate 495 and finally into Newton. Brown was considered armed and risky.
- Pakistan vs England, in pictures
- Microsoft releases new update amid concerns over state-sponsored attacks
- Could the Apple iPad Pro be the Ultimate PC Replacement?
- Head Of Michigan's Health Dept Faces Involuntary Manslaughter in Flint Crisis
- Red Hat Inc (RHT) EPS Estimated At $0.34
- Nadal rolls to his 10th French Open title
- Polanski victim wants the case to finally end
- Saudi Arabia says no blockade of Qatar
- Russia's Lavrov calls for talks to ease Qatar stand-off
- Trump under investigation for obstruction of justice