The counting will be held on July 20, it said.
"Election Commission is taking all necessary steps for discharging its constitutional responsibilities", he said.
However, neither the BJP nor the opposition parties have announced their candidate for the presidential poll.
Opposition parties are considering to put up a joint candidate for the elections.
Apple just unveiled HomePod, a $349 competitor to Amazon's Echo
When away from home, HomePod is a home hub, providing remote access and home automations through the Home app on iPhone or iPad. The HomePod is a 6.8-inch speaker driven by an Apple A8 SoC to handle echo cancellation and optimize sound for a given space.
All the Members of Parliament will have an equal vote value of 708 while vote value of the MLAs depends on the population of the state. The NDA has slightly less than 50% of vote share of the college but is otherwise comfortably placed to get its nominee elected. If there is no consensus between the NDA and the opposition, the number of serious candidates in the fray will be clear by July 1 evening.
Zaidi also said that between now and July 20, no other electoral college member is retiring. The election will be held on July 17.
Asked if the 21 MLAs of Aam Aadmi Party, against whom the case of office-of-profit is pending with the EC, would be able to vote, Zaidi said: "It is sub-judice matter".
The term of Mukherjee, the country's 13th president, will end on July 24.
Dr Zaidi said that Lok Sabha Secretary General has been appointed as the returning officer for this election.
- Apple's new iPhones 'Do Not Disturb' drivers with notifications
- Irish police have arrested 2nd person over London attacks -Sky News
- Putin: 'Don't worry, be happy' as Trump ditches climate deal
- Beckham clears another hurdle in Miami MLS team bid
- Macron confirms third French victim in London attack
- SpaceX tries again to launch 1st recycled supply ship
- Awkward! Donald Trump gaffe prompts Israeli Ambassador to face-palm during meeting
- Apple Announces Smart Speaker, Device Upgrades, and iOS 11
- Comfortable wins for Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal at French Open
- Venezuelan Opposition Threatens Goldman Sachs over $2.8bn Bond Deal