Up until now, Patton's biggest claim to fame seems to be planning the wedding of Eric Trump, the president's son.
Patton is slated to start in July at the head of HUD's largest regional office, which oversees billions of dollars in federal funds for everything from housing vouchers to Hurricane Sandy recovery efforts. "The federal government is not your personal patronage system".
It isn't completely unusual for individuals in politically appointed roles like Patton's to be somewhat inexperienced - but Patton's resume still represents an outlier, according to several current and former administration officials who spoke anonymously to ThinkProgress.
President Donald Trump has reportedly appointed his family's trusted planner to oversee federal housing programs in NY and New Jersey. "Look, like many things in the Trump universe, we're dealing with things we've never seen here before". Patton also appears to have overstated her scholastic achievements, listing a law degree from Quinnipiac and an enrollment in Yale.
Polanski victim wants the case to finally end
She also asked the judge to unseal testimony of former Deputy District Attorney Roger Gunson, who formerly handled the case. The original judge in Roman Polanski's rape case promised the director he would "serve 90 days of psychiatric evaluation".
Per the Daily News report, "nearly 70% of NYCHA's operational budget and 100% of its capital fix budget" comes from HUD.
"Never heard of her before, and it's surprising to say the least", the liberal Democratic mayor said in his weekly "Ask the Mayor" segment on WNYC.
Media sources were also able to seek out Patton's LinkedIn account, which notes Trump's new find for the federal housing project as having a professional knack for "executing and assisting with upscale events and celebrity golf tournaments". "I think it's great to strive for normalcy but I think it's foolish to expect it".
She added a confused face emoji and the hashtag #neverlied.
She has also helped run the Eric Trump Foundation, which is now facing an inquiry from the state of NY after a Forbes report alleged that the charity had paid Trump-owned golf courses for hosting events. She stepped down in January.
- West Salem Baptist Church to host Bible School June 19 through 23
- Pakistan hope Hasan will shine again in CT final
- Pakistan vs England, in pictures
- 'Chilling' DUP deal raises prospect of change to United Kingdom abortion law
- One victim in Portland hate speech stabbing has Juneau ties
- Coal industry in sharp decline as world turns to cleaner fuel
- Hollywood Bowl Group PLC's (BOWL) Buy Rating Reiterated at Investec
- LeBron not faulting Warriors for building super team
- Saudi Arabia says no blockade of Qatar
- Trump '100%' willing to testify on Comey