Sidelined with a knee injury, Ibrahimovic watched on as United claimed a 2-0 win over Ajax in Wednesday's final in his native Sweden.
"I think it is fair Sergio is going to play the final and David accepts, because he has already played Europa League matches and if we win the trophy, David wins the trophy".
Instead the Red Devils finished sixth in the table, 24 points behind winners Chelsea, and only earned a Champions League place for next season through their Europa League win this week.
The city has come together as one this week with United and City together pledging £1m to the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund, along with individual £100,000 contributions from Wayne Rooney and Yaya Toure.
Trump places wreath at Arlington
And he singled out his homeland security secretary, John Kelly , for whom military sacrifice could not be any closer to home. Southern Command and lost his son, Robert Kelly , who stepped on a land mine on a Marine patrol in Afghanistan .
The 26-year-old keeper is contracted to Manchester United until 2019 and the club has the option of extending it by an additional year. "If you want to try to get some results and protect players, which matches to protect players?"
Jose Mourinho has told Sky Sports News he has "no idea" how likely Manchester United are to sign Antoine Griezmann and that he is leaving all transfer business to executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward. "There are a lot of emotions but I think you have to take those emotions and turn them into a positive".
It's been a different story, though, in the Premier League as David de Gea is first choice after featuring in 35 of the 38 fixtures this season.
"I want to dedicate the trophy to the victims", the Spanish midfielder told a press conference.
"Yes, that's where we wanted to be when this season started in August", admitted the 19-year-old, who became the youngest Englishman to start a major European final since Nottingham Forest's Gary Mills in 1980.
- Stokes smashes century after lucky start as England make 330
- #ManchesterBlast - Five more men, one woman arrested
- Durant not feeling pressure of NBA Finals expectations
- Celtics star Isaiah Thomas unsure if he'll need hip surgery
- South Africa beat England by seven wickets in final one-day worldwide
- We don't know what Trump has decided on Paris climate deal - Germany
- Sato holds off Helio to give Andretti another Indy 500 win
- Reformists sweep Tehran municipal vote as Rouhani wins Iran
- LeBron James breaks Michael Jordan's playoff scoring record
- Muguruza wins battle of the former French Open champions