The high for Monday will be 101, Tuesday's high is expected to be near 105 degrees and Wednesday is expected to reach 106 degrees.
An excessive heat warning will be in force in the San Gabriel Mountains from 11 a.m. Saturday to 9 p.m. Wednesday, in the Antelope Valley from 11 a.m. Sunday to 9 p.m. Wednesday, and in the Santa Clarita Valley from Monday morning through Wednesday night.
According to the National Weather Service, a heat advisory is issued within 12 hours of the onset of extremely risky heat conditions.
And with temperatures this high, records will be broken.
Residents are encouraged to take precautions these coming days, especially by people who participate in outdoor activities, older adults, caretakers of infants and children and those sensitive to heat, county officials said in a news release.
Temperatures are expected to soar into the 100s in parts of the Bay Area over Father's Day weekend and well into the next week, according to the National Weather Service in Monterey. Heat stress possible for livestock with limited relief from the heat overnight.
One victim in Portland hate speech stabbing has Juneau ties
He served time in after holding up employees at a convenience store with a gun in 2002, court records show. Please condemn any acts of violence, which result directly from hate speech & hate groups.
Phoenix will also be within reach of tying the record for consecutive days of high temperatures greater than 115 degrees, which is four days set in 1990. In Southern California, the hottest temperatures will be in the deserts with highs over 110 degrees.
Temperatures will rise over the weekend, Pi said.
"The very high temperatures could create a risky situation in which heat related illnesses are possible", the advisory read.
Because of a high-pressure zone over our region, higher-than-normal and even excessive heat conditions are expected.
Though the current NWS advisory ends on Sunday, ABC 7 says we might remain hot for a while, as "Looking forward into next week, this heat does not look to break.In fact, some of the hottest air in the United States will be centered over California".
- USA counsel for Russian Federation inquiry to be fired only if 'appropriate'
- Gold Plunges To 7-Month Low On Robust US Supplies
- Police chase spanning 2 states ends in crash, suspect dead
- Coal industry in sharp decline as world turns to cleaner fuel
- Vermont to join US Climate Alliance
- Bryan Robson urges Jose Mourinho to complete flair signings at Manchester United
- Hollywood Bowl Group PLC's (BOWL) Buy Rating Reiterated at Investec
- Pakistan hope Hasan will shine again in CT final
- Will Senate Republicans repeal Obamacare when nobody's looking?
- 'Chilling' DUP deal raises prospect of change to United Kingdom abortion law