In fact, India lost three wickets in the final over, in the space of four deliveries, for eight runs. Even though the team has world's leading run-scorer and wicket-taker in the same playing XI, the truth is it has struggled to perform as a unit and this one area where Mithali Raj needs to work.
The 34-year-old, who made her debut at the age of 16, has often been called the Sachin Tendulkar of Indian women's cricket.
3 World Cup semi-finals played by India before this edition.
Amanda Nunes Pulls out of UFC 213 Fight Due to 'Mysterious' Illness
I was made for this. "I will leave my blood, if I have to I leave my blood and walk away with this belt", Nunes said. Long overdue, Romero will finally compete for "interim" middleweight gold at UFC 213 after going 9-0 in the UFC.
After February 7, 2017, she has scored 7 consecutive fifties in one-day internationals which are greatest ever in women cricket.
Riding on Captain Mithali Raj's sixth ODI hundred and Veda Krishnamurthy's quickfire 70 off 45 balls, India posted 265/7 at the end of 50 overs.
Rajeshwari Gayakwad's maiden fifer bundled out the White Ferns for a paltry 79. She is only the fifth batsman to make 1000 runs in the Women's World Cup. Poor start for India as Punam Raut got out cheaply.
With so much riding on the match, it will be a test of India's character, one where they will have to show the fight they have been lacking in the last two games. Including this edition, India have made it to the top four in five of the last six World Cups. Overall, New Zealand have a 27-17 win-loss record against India in women's ODIs. The entry of India into the semi-final of an ICC event is its first since 2010.
She has already hit three half centuries and a 46 not out, besides today's ton, from the seven matches she has played so far.
- How An Umbrella-Sharing Start-Up Lost Nearly All Its 300000 Umbrellas
- Wash U study finds sleep deprivation may lead to Alzheimer's
- Cold front will bring some strong storms, less humid air
- PS4 Pro Destiny 2 Limited Edition Bundle Revealed
- Uber borgs with Yandex's ride-sharing biz in Russosphere
- Without Serena, Wimbledon will see a new singles champ. Who'll it be?
- Xi Jinping backs Seoul's efforts to restart talks with North Korea
- Johanna Konta enjoys rarified air of Wimbledon's last eight
- Trump is guest of honor at Bastille Day celebrations
- Chuck Grassley Wants Paul Manafort to Testify on Russia Next Week