Troy Weaver, the Thunder's assistant GM, recruited Anthony to Syracuse, and that relationship could help pave the way to Anthony accepting a trade there, according to Simmons.
Anthony would need to waive his no-trade clause to be traded anywhere and any team dealing for Anthony would have to fit his salary under their salary cap.
Recently, Anthony declared that he will only waive his no-trade clause for the Houston Rockets and the Cleveland Cavaliers.
NY is limited in their options because of Anthony's no-trade clause.
Anthony has one more guaranteed year left on his contract worth $26.2 million, not including an early termination option for 2018-19 ($27.9 million).
OJ Simpson granted parole after botched robbery
Simpson was famously acquitted of the crime but lost a multimillion-dollar civil lawsuit brought by the family of Ron Goldman . Simpson spoke before a parole board on Thursday , he made a claim that raised a whole lot of eyebrows.
Any deal involving Anthony to Oklahoma City would likely mean Enes Kanter going the other way just for salary purposes.
Anthony averaged 22.4 points and 5.9 rebounds in 74 games this past season. So enter a fourth team to get the sweeteners, but that team will want things back, and quickly the house of cards falls apart. The Rockets were long considered the front-runner to land Anthony, but issues have popped up in those talks as the Knicks are trying not to bring in a contract like Ryan Anderson's in return for Anthony.
If the Thunder do somehow find a way to acquire Anthony, it would even further establish themselves as a threat to become the best team in the Western Conference behind the Golden State Warriors.
The Oklahoma City Thunder know they have one of the best players in the National Basketball Association in Russell Westbrook, but now they're doing their best to surround him with as much talent as possible.
- Tour de France 2017: stage 15
- Nifty ends above 9900, Reliance Industries leads
- Two Jordanians dead, Israeli injured in ِAmman Israeli embassy
- John McCain blood clot surgery delays healthcare reform vote
- Massive CA Wildfire Threatens Power to Yosemite
- Controversial Chinese Audi ad compares wives to used cars
- Querrey beats limping Andy Murray at Wimbledon
- Firefighters Resuscitate Dog After Rescuing It From A Fire
- BBC reveals talent salaries
- Elon Musk Gets 'Approval' for NY to DC Hyperloop