Before the Trumps set off for the US Trump and Macron gripped each other's hands and chatted, before Trump pulled the French President's wife in for a freaky three-person handshake.
The US president returned the compliment, tweeting that it was a "great honour" to attend the "magnificent" parade.
Mr Trump was the guest of honour for the celebration in Paris to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the USA entry into the First World War.
Macron also said that the USA and France are firm friends and "this is why nothing will ever separate us".
The two leaders, accompanied by the two first ladies plus ministers and officials watched a military parade on Friday in Paris which took place on the Champs Elysees from the Place de la Concorde.
"Relationship with France stronger than ever", Trump wrote on his Twitter account.
Amanda Nunes Pulls out of UFC 213 Fight Due to 'Mysterious' Illness
I was made for this. "I will leave my blood, if I have to I leave my blood and walk away with this belt", Nunes said. Long overdue, Romero will finally compete for "interim" middleweight gold at UFC 213 after going 9-0 in the UFC.
The 47-year-old practising Catholic, chic in a red Dior outfit with her hair pulled up in a chignon, was in Paris at the start of a Bastille Day visit by the United States first couple.
Trump has said the Paris accord is soft on leading polluters like China and India, putting US industry at risk.
"Macron was especially adept at sidestepping questions about United States political controversies, which Trump clearly appreciated". They then engaged in an interminable hand clasp before Mr Trump was whisked away in his motorcade.
Macron later called that handshake a "moment of truth" to show he's not a pushover.
That began a century of US cooperation and involvement in European affairs, a policy many in Europe fear President Trump is retreating from.
- Konta can win Wimbledon after 'most important win'
- Technical glitch pushes trading on NSE to 10:45 am
- China's Xi Warns Trump Of 'Negative Factors' Hurting US Ties
- USA officials aware of possible hacking at nuclear facilities
- Duchess of Cambridge unveils blue whale skeleton at Natural History Museum
- How An Umbrella-Sharing Start-Up Lost Nearly All Its 300000 Umbrellas
- Doklam standoff: China says India misleading, demands withdrawal to 'avoid worse situation'
- Cold front will bring some strong storms, less humid air
- Trump Thinks Russia Interfered In The Election, But "No One Really Knows"
- Johanna Konta enjoys rarified air of Wimbledon's last eight