Amazon Echo users will soon be able to use Alexa to access Microsoft Cortana's tools to schedule meetings, access work calendars and set reminders. The concept of bringing the platform's knowledge as well as Office 365 integration and reminders to Alexa proved to be a good step in the achievement of that objective.
Moorhead added that the agreement between Amazon and Microsoft will shake up the digital assistant market, and he said the deal will especially put pressure on Google Inc., whose Google Assistant powers its Home smart speaker. Long term, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos says that he hopes this won't be necessary and that each device's primary assistant will be able to defer tasks to the secondary assistant as appropriate.
When merged together their strengths would prove complementary and give the clients a richer and more helpful experience.
While the domain of digital assistants have largely been walled gardens to this point, Microsoft and Amazon are actively promoting how Cortana and Alexa work better together, as each focuses on different aspects of your life.
Studio Behind 'Skyrim' Reportedly Making a 'Game of Thrones' Game
However, it is unknown which technology is being developed the project, not to mention the target platforms and a release date. Would you be interested in a Bethesda Game of Thrones game? This could mean that Bethesda does not game, but something else.
Amazon's Alexa now has more than 20,000 skills, up from 14,000 just a year ago. Now if only they could get a digital assistant that works great on the phone to work with their computer and smart speaker AIs.
The companies today announced that Cortana will be able to talk to Alexa and vice versa.
That means Cortana will be accessible from every Alexa device and Alexa will be available to every Windows 10 user through Cortana on their own devices. The two companies are allowing Cortana and Alexa to communicate with each other, thereby leveraging each other's qualities.
Even so, it still seems odd that these two will partner up. Meanwhile, Google's Assistant is now in smartphones and in its Home smart speaker. Indeed, other rivals in the space include Apple's Siri and Google's Assistant, each of which are now powering their own devices including Apple's HomePod and Google Home. Will they join the party?
Microsoft and Amazon are working to ensure that their intelligent assistants can harness each other's abilities.
- US Open: Rafael Nadal not letting potential Roger Federer clash cloud goal
- Samsung scion Lee appeals against five-year jail term for bribery
- Parrikar wins Panaji Assembly by-election
- Six Family Members Swept Away in Van Feared Dead
- Lorde "Performed" At The VMAs, But She Didn't Sing At All
- Kim Kardashian West gives update on Caitlyn Jenner relationship
- Illinois GOP Governor Signs Bill Helping Criminal Immigrants
- Bad blood lingers in GOP as Congress ponders Harvey relief
- MTV invites 'hero' transgender troops to awards after Donald Trump ban
- Katy Perry and Calvin Harris laugh off Taylor Swift video