Picture in Picture Display: The new Android O features picture in picture display. Since Google has already revealed a great deal about its next OS via developer and public betas, the biggest mystery remaining is what it's planning to call the software.
Google is going to release the next version of Android, now known as Android O, on August 21.
Throw in more than 60 new emoji, fingerprint scanner gesture support, customizable lock screen shortcuts, and better battery and power management, and you can see why Android users have been excited. Although, on August 21, the program has themed to the solar eclipse.
Other than that, Android O will also host a smarter text selection. For 2016 flagships, you'll be waiting even longer than that-usually something like eight months to a year.
White nationalist group seeks MSU appearance
On Tuesday, Texas A&M University canceled a similar rally scheduled to take place on its campus September 11. Fuchs said the decision stemmed from the potential for violence, not the words or ideas.
As with all its earlier events, Android O launch event will be live streamed and you can watch it here. The next version will be known as Oreo, extending Google's tradition of naming each version after a sweet treat.
Android O's pre-IFA arrival might pave the way for new smartphones to arrive rocking the OS at the forthcoming Berlin showcase.
With today's event, Android 8.0 Oreo is shipping out across all the usual distribution methods. Google Stops the Android Nougat Update because of the Google Nexus 6 users complaints about the issues in the update. He's got to care about update speed, right?
In addition, Google has also dropped some hints about the name of Android O. The company shared a teaser video with the file name GoogleOreo_Teaser_0817_noDroids (1).mp4 on Google Plus.
Google and Oreo's maker, Mondelez, referred to their deal as a partnership, rather than a sponsorship, as no money was exchanged. The support for Android 5.0 Lollipop devices will be added soon.
- BMW 8 Series Concept Makes North American Debut At Pebble Beach
- Grace Mugabe fails to appear at leaders summit in South Africa
- McGregor fight is a farce - Lennox Lewis
- Slavan Bilic expected more from his West Ham side
- Henne gets first-team reps for Jaguars
- Drew Pomeranz leaves game back spasms
- The Trump administration won't deal a huge blow to Obamacare -- for now
- Fatal stabbing involving former WashU researcher was part of sexual fantasy
- Mewtwo Has Finally Come To Pokemon GO
- Elvis Presley fan buys a £700 coffin for her own funeral