In his first round at the Web.com Tour's Ellie Mae Classic, Curry finished with a 74 at 4-over par.
"It was an unbelievable experience, and to shoot two 74s, I'll take that", said Curry, who will nearly assuredly miss the cut at the event held in Hayward, Calif.
Curry, who munched on a breakfast sandwich at the green of his first hole, missed badly on his opening tee shot.
Curry said he'd heard about the Nicklaus message but hadn't seen it. I think that's where most amateurs aren't as good as the pros.
Curry made a double bogey, five bogeys and three birdies with Jonnie West as his caddie.
"Once again, athletes like that, especially I think basketball players are probably the top athletes because obviously they can jump and run and do everything". He was then able to settle his nerves and make a birdie on the par-five 15th on his way to a front nine score of 37.
Rajya Sabha adjourned twice on Bengaluru IT searches
The department's director general, however, has refuted the allegations, and said that the searches were planned well in advance. The Income Tax department stated that Wednesday's raids were only against Karnataka Minister D K Shivakumar without naming him.
"I wanted to shoot a couple, few strokes less than I did, but for the most part, when you don't really know what to expect going in, it's hard to really set expectations", Curry told the media after his round. "I look forward to being back with full status".
Curry beat one of the pros in his group.
Wherever he went on Thursday, there were cameras clicking, cheers and whistles moments after he struck the ball and hundreds of supporters wearing Warriors gear, mostly shirts bearing his No. 30.
There would be no balls lost, either. Those with homes along the course gathered in groups on decks to catch a hole.
"Unbelievable gallery out here", Curry said, "hopefully that continues through the week".
Slightly more prudent bettors might consider picking Curry to make the cut, which is available at a much more attainable +1500, meaning a $10 bet would bring back $150.
- North Korea could launch reliable nuclear-capable missile by 2018
- Trump confirms covert Central Intelligence Agency programme in Syria on Twitter
- Manhunt underway after 3 people shot in San Francisco park - RT America
- Pakistani parliament to elect new PM on Tuesday
- Monday's First Warning Forecast: A cool and sunny start
- A year on from Kante raid, Chelsea target Leicester midfielder Drinkwater
- Germany: 'Desirable' for United States to talk to Europeans about Russian Federation sanctions
- Shah takes serious note of BJP members absence in Rajya Sabha
- Saakashvili rejects refugee status after loss of Ukrainian citizenship
- Hamburg attacker identified as an Islamist