They added that the arrangement would call for Nigeria purchasing up to 12 Embraer A-29 Super Tucano aircraft with sophisticated targeting gear.
The Super Tucano A-29, "an agile, propeller-driven plane with reconnaissance and surveillance as well as attack capabilities is made by Brazil's Embraer".
During the visit, the U.S. delegation has already met a number of Nigerian officials and military.
The DSCA delivered their certification of the foreign military sale to the US Congress, as required by law, on August 2, according to United Press International.
The head of the US Congress delegation to Nigeria, Christopher, has declared the readiness of the US to support the efforts of the Nigerian government in defeating Boko Haram.
"Unfortunately, the sale will be a Pyrrhic victory for five reasons: It is way too expensive, it undermines USA corruption policy, it overlooks recent human rights abuses, it won't help Nigeria fight the Boko Haram of tomorrow, and it won't foster closer defense cooperation", said Page.
Studio Behind 'Skyrim' Reportedly Making a 'Game of Thrones' Game
However, it is unknown which technology is being developed the project, not to mention the target platforms and a release date. Would you be interested in a Bethesda Game of Thrones game? This could mean that Bethesda does not game, but something else.
The DSCA has determined that US security interests are served by assisting Nigeria in its counter-insurgency operations and that the A-29 sale will not significantly alter the military balance of power in the region.
"I am pleased to head the delegation of the U.S. Congress; three Senators and three House members to come and hear about the hard work of the military in the North-east of Nigeria".
Theatre commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru, welcomed the visit of the USA lawmakers to the Theatre Command.
In April, the United States had agreed to sell high-tech aircraft to Nigeria to tackle the Boko Haram insurgency in the North-East.
The delegation also includes Sen.
"The U.S. promised that it will soon equip the military with fighter jets and other state-of-the-art combat equipment to enable us to root out Boko Haram from their enclaves once and for all", he said.
- Hillary Clinton To Speak At UC Davis
- US Open: Rafael Nadal not letting potential Roger Federer clash cloud goal
- Katy Perry and Calvin Harris laugh off Taylor Swift video
- Trump considers terminating NAFTA, reaffirms building of southern border wall
- Kardashians Donate $500000 to Help Victims of Hurricane Harvey
- Illinois GOP Governor Signs Bill Helping Criminal Immigrants
- Chelsea yet to meet Leicester's asking price for Danny Drinkwater
- Defense Secretary Mattis did not 'freeze' Trump's trans military ban
- Whole Foods slashes prices on some produce; also selling Amazon's Echo
- Amazon's Alexa and Microsoft's Cortana can talk to each other