Wozniacki, who is the sixth seed, defeated unseeded Sloane Stephens in her semifinal match 6-2, 6-3.
Wozniacki eliminated Stephens in a tidy 83 minutes at Aviva Centre.
Wet weather hampered the proceedings at the WTA Tour Premier 5 event for a second straight day.
Following a delayed start, Pliskova raced out to a 5-1 lead in the opening set but the Danish sixth seed managed to extend the points and dig in, winning the final six games to snatch the set.
The victory marks Wozniacki's first career win against a world number one and gives the 27-year-old a 6-2 advantage in head-to-head matches with Pliskova. "I just kept hanging in there and I thought we both played a really good match".
Facebook unveils new video platform
Facebook has officially moved into the video streaming space, announcing the impending launch of its new " Watch " video platform. You can create a " Watchlist " which is a list of your favourite shows that you follow so you can catch up on missed episodes.
Wozniacki has reached five finals this season and now holds the No. 6 position.
Stephens did not have high expectations for this summer and was quite pleased to reach the final four. Svitolina is having the best season of her life and whilst Wozniacki is in the midst of a comeback of sorts. The obvious question with Svitolina is how much she has left in the tank after playing two matches on Saturday.
Earlier in the day, Halep beat Caroline Garcia of France 6-4, 6-2, and Svitolina topped fourth-seeded Garbine Muguruza of Spain 4-6, 6-4, 6-3. "Yeah, I'm very happy". "She's strong there and she played her game". "To be in this final once again, it really feels unbelievable and I feel like I have been playing really good tennis". I have many tournaments ahead.
Pliskova made three unforced errors in the last game to gift the match to her opponent, whereas, Wozniacki tried to track down as many balls as she could and made sure that Karolina never had it easy on the court.
Svitolina beat four Top Ten ranked players this week en-route to the Rogers Cup championship. This is a quick turnaround that will really test the 22-year-old.
- Solar eclipse by zip code
- A year on from Kante raid, Chelsea target Leicester midfielder Drinkwater
- Marijuana users 3 times more likely to die from hypertension
- Several dead in Nigeria church shooting
- Khamenei, Rouhani Disagree over Iran's Priorities
- Fan Rushes Stage at Britney Spears Show, Gets Tackled by Security
- Some Venezuela opposition parties to vie in vote
- Early investor sues Uber co-founder Travis Kalanick for fraud
- Gas Up 5 Cents per Gallon in MA
- Special prosecutor Robert Mueller asks White House for documents on Flynn