"The BJP will romp home victorious with a bigger strength than in 2014 on the basis of development and good governance of the Modi government as well as the 13 state governments of the party", he said.
"In the (BJP Parliamentary Party) meeting, (Amit) Shah said that when the party issues a whip it must be followed by all the MPs". Now the bill will be sent back to Lok Sabha.
In 2015 too, Modi was anguished over the loss of face due to opposition pushing division of votes in RS over an amendment to the President's address. "That was a crucial time when the NDA choice for the presidential poll was being firmed up and we needed to secure the support of both factions of the AIADMK".
It needs 2/3 majority of those present in the House. "All parties have recommended about the Bill in the select committee", he added.
It found more than 2500 products shrunk without getting any cheaper
HAVE you noticed your chocolate bars getting slimmer? Packets of Maltesers have shrunk from 121g to 103g, a reduction of 15%. Major multinational companies have sold less of their product for the same price, helping to increase profit margins.
It seems, Prime Minister Narendra Modi's recent reprimand over lawmakers continuous absence in the Rajya Sabha seems to have gone unheeded. The amendment sought to increase the number of members from three to five, including a woman and a minority candidate of OBC category.
Asked about the BJP not being as strong in the south compared to the north, Shah played it down saying, "This was earlier said about our presence in the north as well".
BJP president Amit Shah made it clear that becoming a Rajya Sabha MP did not mean giving up his organisational responsibilities as he was working wholeheartedly to strengthen the party at all levels. "He said it should not have happened and must not be repeated", said union minister Ananth Kumar after the meeting.
The BJP chief said that the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has launched 104 satellites into orbit under the present government. "The dropped clause pertains to the insertion of a new article 338B about the constitution and powers of the National Commission for Backward Classes". The minister, who has also been the party treasurer, said "much of the increase has been because of the increase in the value of the property".
- Wonder Woman Will Be Back to Save America in December 2019
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt Launched in India for Rs 11490
- Saakashvili rejects refugee status after loss of Ukrainian citizenship
- Pakistani parliament to elect new PM on Tuesday
- Trump confirms covert Central Intelligence Agency programme in Syria on Twitter
- Dragon Quest 11 Western Release Announced For 2018
- Arab League: Israel is playing with fire in Jerusalem
- OH woman calls 911 after recently rescued boa constrictor bites her face
- North Korea could launch reliable nuclear-capable missile by 2018
- Derrick Rose leaning to Cavs over Lakers