Till her death, she is under the supervision of 20 doctors in Abu Dhabi's Burjeel Hospital.
Abd El Aty had not left her house for 25 years, before her surgery in India. When she landed in India, her initial weight was more than 500 kgs.
Eman overcame a number of hurdles to reach what her family had hoped to be a life-saving surgery in Mumbai, including an initial refusal to grant her a visa because of her inability to get to the embassy in person.
But after her family fell out with docs at Saifee hospital in May, she was later flown to Abu Dhabi's Burjeel hospital. It's unclear if she was in surgery at the time of her death. "I knew it was too much to ask to make her able to walk, but the way her health improved here, I wished the same could happen to her (in Abu Dhabi)", he said.
Pakistan ex-PM's wife wins his parliament seat: unofficial
The seat was vacated after Nawaz's disqualification by the Supreme Court in its July 28 judgment in the Panama Papers case. Sheikh won four percent of the vote for the new Milli Muslim League, which is backed by the Jamaat-ut-Dawa (JuD) charity.
Ms Ahmed had a rare thyroid condition which drastically affected her metabolism, with a series of knock-on effects on her heart, kidneys and respiratory system.
Her sister started a campaign online to help raise awareness about her plight. After her long and successful treatment in Mumbai, since February 11, she was then treated at Abu Dhabi's VPS Healthcare.
Lakdawala said his priority was to save Eman and give her quality of life.
According to the statement, Abdul Atti's family "expressed their appreciation for the care and treatment provided by the hospital, and their gratefulness to the rulers and the people of the UAE for their support".
- Arsenal Can Be Proud of Kieran Gibbs Says Arsene Wenger
- Kim Jong Un: 'Deranged' Trump will 'pay dearly' for threat
- Ryanair to recruit 120 new pilots in the 'next week or two'
- Nifty scales fresh peak of 10167.15, Sensex climbs 235 pts
- Small natural disaster reported in IL , felt in 3 states
- Voting systems in 21 states were targeted by hackers, government agency says
- Spain sending extra police to Catalonia over independence referendum
- Hot, sticky for Sunday's Packers game, but bring a coat
- Tesla might have a new partner to develop self-driving vehicle 'brains'
- West Ham vs Tottenham TV channel, kick-off time, odds and team news