"Shh - if you're looking for a cheap second tablet besides your iPad, Amazon just announced the all-new Fire HD 10 today, the next-generation of Amazon's largest tablet, now with a brilliant 10.1" widescreen 1080p Full HD display with over 2 million pixels.
Amazon just announced the new Amazon Fire HD 10 (2017), which is now available for preorder online for $149.99.
The Fire HD 10 is made out of plastic, and comes in three color options - Black, Marine Blue and Punch Red. The first batch of new tablets will ship on October 11, 2017. According to Amazon, For You learns what you enjoy doing on the tablet and then offers recommendations for books, videos, songs, apps and more. The feature won't be available by default for the initial buyers and they will have to download software version 220.127.116.11 to enable Alexa handsfree feature.
The new Fire HD 10 is 30% faster with 2x the RAM and an ultra-fast quad-core processor, plus 32GB internal storage and up to 10 hours of battery life-now only $149.99.
Brewing in the Senate, a disastrous Obamacare 'reform'
Senator Rand Paul said it did not go far enough to repeal Obamacare. Liberal groups including MoveOn.org are working to defeat the plan.
Amazon will release the latest generation of its Fire HD 10 tablet next month, cutting the price by more than 42 percent for the 32G model and adding deeper integration of the company's voice-based assistant, Alexa. As with those speakers, you can use Alexa to load music and audiobooks, answer questions, bring up your calendar, and interact with your connected smart home devices. There are also a few protective cases on sale through Amazon for £25.99 (about $35) that allow you to prop up the tablet to watch video. It features a 10.1-inch 1920×1200 resolution display, which does qualify as full HD, although it is technically 1200p instead of 1080p.
It seems now like Alexa could have a more prominent place in the new cube-like Fire TV product, and that Amazon is actually revamping Fire TV to something more like the look and feel of its wildly popular Echo products. There's also both front and rear cameras, together with dual-band 802.11ac WiFi for better wireless connections. You can also expect Dolby Atmos audio support for more immersive movie watching.
In short, you no longer have to hold down a button for Amazon's assistant to start responding to your orders.
- VW Group brands to offer electrified version of every model by 2030
- Two Russian subs attack Islamic State in Syria with Kalibr cruise missiles
- Military options against N.Korea effective, overwhelming
- New Apple TV 4K adds UHD and HDR support
- Edith Windsor, LGBT Rights Activist and 'Engine of History,' Dies at 88
- Steven King's 'It' Takes in $117.2-M in US
- Active shooter situation reported at New Hampshire hospital
- Sammy smashes 16-ball 29 but World XI fall to Pakistan
- OPEC Sees Higher Oil Demand, Signs Of Tighter Market
- President Trump hitting Hillary Clinton with a golf ball in a GIF