But the loss of Nelson took away Rodgers' best vertical threat and without Cobb, the Packers would be without their best slot receiver. I think one thing after last season, dealing with some of the injuries and probably being out there when I shouldn't have for a game or two, we're definitely going to be smart with it and make sure that we go about it the right way.
However, Packers head coach Mike McCarthy said that, barring a setback between now and Sunday, Nelson should be good to go against the Bengals. Green had 1,000-yard receiving years in each of his first five seasons and would have done it again last year if not for missing six games because of injury. The team hasn't provided an update on Nelson's injury, but he is expected to miss at least one week. Keep in mind, fellow veteran wideout Randall Cobb also exited Sunday's game in the fourth quarter with an injury. Cobb dealt with shoulder injuries last season so if this is an aggravation of his injury from a year ago, he too might miss significant time. Safety Kentrell Brice, cornerback Davon House and linebacker Jake Ryan round out the list of non-participants for the Packers.
Cincinnati, tight end Tyler Eifert (back) was ruled out Friday and right guard Trey Hopkins (knee) will miss his second straight game. They haven't scored one touchdown yet, this season.
Small natural disaster reported in IL , felt in 3 states
The magnitude 8.1 quake that hit September 7 of Mexico's southern coast was also felt strongly in the capital. Geographical Survey is reporting that a magnitude 3.8 quake hit near Albion, Illinois near the IN border.
The Packers are looking to snap a three-game losing streak against Cincinnati and record their first victory over the Bengals since 1998.
With Vic Beasley out with a hamstring injury, the Falcons may elect to use Campbell more in pass rushing situations. That said, Dalton has looked absolutely very bad in the pocket and there is no guarantee that changes with a new play-caller this week. He said the team has a system in which the trainers will give him a yellow card with the numbers of injured players on them.
"He had surgery for a reason and what they had to do there", McCarthy said.
A little piece of silver lining for the Packers and their fans is that Cobb was asked if he will be able to play this weekend and responded by saying he will be alright.
- Military options against N.Korea effective, overwhelming
- Tropical Storm Watches Come As Hurricane Jose Moves North
- Hands on: Amazon Fire HD 10 (2017) review
- Josh Earnest: Trump's UN Speech was 'Foolish,' Lacked 'Coherence'
- Ladbrokes apologise to Burnley after social media gaffe
- Trump campaign manager, Manafort wiretapped for investigations
- Paulinho scores late in Barcelona win
- Sammy smashes 16-ball 29 but World XI fall to Pakistan
- Lawmakers wrap the 2017 legislative session, 'sanctuary state' bill goes to Gov
- Tesla might have a new partner to develop self-driving vehicle 'brains'