"Meeting a valued friend".
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday visited the Shwedagon Pagoda in Myanmar.
He is expected to raise the issue of the exodus of the ethnic Rohingyas into neighbouring countries.
"When it comes to a big peace process or finding a solution to a special issue, we hope that all stakeholders can work together towards finding a solution which while respecting the unity and territorial integrity of Myanmar ensures peace, justice and dignity for all", Modi said.
He appreciated India's Act East Policy and Neighbourhood First Policy, saying that these policies have helped tighten the friendship and expand the dialogue partnership between India and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
The project is created to link Sittwe port in Myanmar, which India helped develop, with the the northeastern Indian state of Mizoram.
Meanwhile, India has said that it would deport all Rohingyas living in the country illegally but the country's Supreme Court has said that it will hear on September 11 a plea seeking a direction to the central government not to deport about 40,000 Rohingya Muslim refugees back to Myanmar.
"People of India have the confidence that India can be transformed and we can break free from some of the evils that entered our system", he said.
Ezekiel Elliott files suit against National Football League in federal district court in Plano
The fact the Roberts' recommendation was seemingly ignored by the league was what the NFLPA harped on during the appeal hearing. The new petition is asking the US District Court in Texas to vacate the suspension if it's upheld by Henderson.
The Prime Minister said that all Myanmar citizens wishing to travel to India will get gratis visas.
- The two countries also signed agreement to cooperate in "Medical Products Regulation" and in the field of health and medicine. "Feeling extremely blessed", Modi tweeted along with a picture of himself at the temple.
He also presented the Myanmar president a reproduction of a 1841 map of a stretch of the River Salween (that flows from the Tibetan Plateau into the Andaman Sea) and a sculpture of the Bodhi tree.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, later Tuesday, departed for Nay Pyi Taw for his three-day bilateral visit to Myanmar for forging close cooperation between the two countries on security and counter-terrorism.
Suu Kyi also thanked India for taking a strong stand on the terror threat that Myanmar faced recently. Suu Kyi will be hosting a lunch for PM Modi before he leaves for Yangon.
The 2,500-year-old Shwedagon Pagoda enshrines strands of Buddha's hair and other holy relics.
He said Aung San Suu Kyi should surrender the noble prize "as she has lost the moral and legal right to claim to be peace preacher".
The Aung Sang museum is dedicated to General Aung Sang, which was also his residence.
He also paid his respects at the Martyrs' Mausoleum & laid a wreath. "That is why we have always taken bold and tough decisions aimed at people's welfare", Prime Minister Modi said, while addressing the Indian community in Yangoon at Thuwunna Stadium in Yangon.
- Astronaut Peggy Whitson Ends Record-Breaking Space Mission with Smooth Landing
- Turkey's Erdogan calls killing of Rohingya in Myanmar genocide
- IFA 2017: LG launches V30 flagship smartphone
- Putin says putting pressure on North Korea is a 'dead-end road'
- West Indies cricket team's Shai Hope tipped as future 'great'
- Xiaomi Redmi 5X: Speculated launch date, price, specifications and features
- Quickly strengthening Jose, Katia tropical storms upgraded to hurricanes
- Union Ministers Uma Bharti and Rajiv Pratap Rudy Resigned
- There May Be A New Supermassive Black Hole In The Milky Way
- Weather Forecast: Very hot Labor Day weekend