According to unofficial results, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) candidate Begum Kulsoom Nawaz won the NA-120 by-election with a margin of 14,188 votes on Sunday.
"Nawaz Sharif still lives in the heart of the people", Maryam told thousands of her party's supporters, who gathered outside the party's election office in Lahore.
Kulsoom Nawaz is now in London for cancer treatment.
A total of 44 candidates, including cricket-turned- politician Imran Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf candidate, Yasmin Rashid, are in the fray. She was leading the by-election campaign for NA-120 for her mother.
In her election speeches, Maryam claimed that her father was ousted as prime minister through a conspiracy by forces within Pakistan, including what she alleged was the military's loathing of strong civilian government.
Pittsburgh Steelers defeat Cleveland Browns, 21-18, in 2017 regular-season opener
Ben Roethlisberger found tight end Jesse James in the end zone to put the Steelers ahead 14-7 with 45 seconds left in the half. The second Roethlisberger-to-James touchdown combination of the day gave the Steelers a 21-10 lead over the Browns.
Sharif was disqualified by Pakistan's top court for failure to declare a monthly salary, equivalent to around $2,700, from a company owned by his son.
While PML-N secured all its seats including NA-122, NA-137, NA-153 and NA-101 and grabbed a huge victory in local bodies elections in Punjab, clean swept in Azad Jammu & Kashmir elections and Gilgit-Baltistan polls.
Long queues formed outside polling stations in the city on Sunday morning. She did inform about holding of Iqama but did not mention the earning through it and details of bank accounts, they said.
A number of charged PML-N workers had gathered outside the Model Town residence of the Sharif family.
There are more than 320,000 voters taking part in the vote, which for the first time in Pakistan's history will be conducted using Biometric Voter Verification Machines in some the constituency's 220 polling stations, Dawn News reported.
Sheikh won four percent of the vote for the new Milli Muslim League, which is backed by the Jamaat-ut-Dawa (JuD) charity.
- Ready to hand over Gaza to Palestinian President: Hamas
- British FM Johnson flying to Caribbean after criticism of Irma aid
- Active shooter situation reported at New Hampshire hospital
- President Trump hitting Hillary Clinton with a golf ball in a GIF
- Military options against N.Korea effective, overwhelming
- VW Group brands to offer electrified version of every model by 2030
- Paulinho scores late in Barcelona win
- Judge Says Teen is Mentally Ill in Slender Man Stabbing Case
- Global action needed to end massacre of Rohingya Muslims
- Google appeals against huge European Union anti-trust fine