The tropics remain active with two tropical storms and a hurricane churning in the Atlantic Basin.
Jose is now a Category 1 hurricane, with winds of about 80 miles per hour.
Meanwhile, a tropical storm watch is out for the U.S. East Coast from Fenwick Island, Delaware, north to Nantucket, Massachusetts, because of Hurricane Jose.
A Hurricane Warning is now in effect for the U. S. Virgin Islands. Maria's winds have strengthened from 35 mph to 50 mph with higher gusts and is moving west at 20 mph.
Military options against N.Korea effective, overwhelming
The Security Council passed its most stringent package of sanctions against North Korea yet on Monday, in response to claims by the nuclear power that it had tested a hydrogen bomb .
The hurricane is expected to strengthen into a Category 3 storm by Tuesday.
It's likely to make a close pass to New England sometime Tuesday into Wednesday. By mid-week the hurricane "Maria" can be powerful and risky and to reach the virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.
Drew Pearson, emergency manager, says residents and visitors should stock up on any essentials and watch the forecast through Tuesday in case the storm track farther inland.
Maria has prompted a hurricane warning for Martinique, Guadeloupe, Dominica, St. Kitts, Nevis and Montserrat.
Tropical Storm Lee formed Saturday morning way out in the Atlantic near Africa. It is moving toward the west near 20 miles per hour, but a slower west-northwest motion is expected during the next couple of days. Interests along the northeast US and New England coasts need to watch to see how close Jose may get to the USA before heading out to the northern Atlantic. They expect it to weaken again to a tropical storm in three to four days. One of it is, Tropical Storm Lee that is situated about 650 miles west-southwest of Cape Verde in Africa, with winds gusting at a speed of 40 mph.
- Two Russian subs attack Islamic State in Syria with Kalibr cruise missiles
- IOC confirms Paris will host 2024 Olympic games, LA for 2028
- Jefferies Holds To Rating And Raises Price Target On Oracle Corporation (ORCL)
- British FM Johnson flying to Caribbean after criticism of Irma aid
- VW Group brands to offer electrified version of every model by 2030
- Josh Earnest: Trump's UN Speech was 'Foolish,' Lacked 'Coherence'
- Edith Windsor, LGBT Rights Activist and 'Engine of History,' Dies at 88
- Only On 8: Helping Hurricane Irma's victims in the Florida Keys
- New Apple TV 4K adds UHD and HDR support
- Facebook hands over Russian ad details to Mueller