The San Francisco 49ers released veteran linebacker NaVorrow Bowman on Friday, and the Chicago Bears could be interested in reuniting defensive coordinator Vic Fangio with his former star player.
Bowman earned first-team All-Pro honours four times in his career, achieving it from 2011-13 and then again in 2015 after coming back from a devastating knee injury.
"During that time, NaVorro was a key component of one of the best teams in the league and his passion for the game allowed him to quickly become a favourite of our faithful fans".
Bowman made three-straight Pro Bowls with Fangio as his coach from 2011-2013 before a knee injury forced him to miss all of 2014, Fangio's previous year in San Francisco.
Last year, the District Heights, Md. native was limited to just four games due to a torn Achilles he suffered in early October.
The following year, however, Bowman busted out, racking up 143 tackles, two sacks, three fumble recoveries and eight passes defended while being named a First-Team All-Pro.
USA understands significance of World Cup qualifier against Panama
Right now soccer is growing at a rapid pace and the World Cup will be a great opportunity to speed up the growth even more . The USA finds itself in this perilous position after its shock defeat at the hands of Costa Rica on September 1.
The 6-foot, 242-pound Bowman was originally selected by the 49ers in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft out of Penn State.
Despite recent injuries, Bowman has 38 tackles this year.
With Bowman gone, the 49ers basically discarded the last major piece of their team that reached Super Bowl XLVII.
Bowman, who was disgruntled with a lack of playing time in Week 5 against the Indianapolis Colts, was headed towards being an excess commodity on the Niners' rebuilding roster. "We had a conversation and, I don't know - they're doing what they want to do and, I don't know". "Our defense has been averaging about 80 plays a game".
Get prep sports breaking news alerts from the Gwinnett Daily Post staff delivered to your email.
- What does Trump want in exchange for letting DACA recipients stay?
- London refuses to confirm the death of a jihadist british in Syria
- Trump says he has confidence in Tillerson
- Russian hackers alleged to have stolen NSA data via Kaspersky antivirus software
- Maryam Nawaz, Captain Safdar appear before accountability court
- "Amazon launches 7" waterproof Kindle Oasis with Audible integration, starting at $250
- McDonald's bringing back Szechuan Sauce for one day
- Truck Bomb Kills at Least 20 in Somalia's Capital
- Dove thought this ad celebrated 'the beauty of diversity'
- 'Breaking Bad' fans re-enact infamous pizza-throwing scene, homeowners aren't happy