The Indian football team on Monday received a boost in FIFA rankings, a week after qualifying for the 2019 AFC Asian Cup by moving up two places to be at the 105th spot.
After a busy qualifying program last week, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium and Poland are also top-seeded for the December 1 draw in Moscow. Russian Federation goes into the top pot, followed by the top seven-ranked teams, and the remaining 24 teams are spread into the three subsequent pots in order.
Martin O'Neill's side will be unseeded for tomorrow's draw for the play-offs with confirmation that Switzerland, Italy, Croatia and Denmark are the seeded nations. Based on the rankings, Switzerland (11th), Italy (15th), Croatia (18th) and Denmark (19th) will be in pot one and will play one of the four teams in pot two.
Few more days of sun before rainy pattern moves in
Overnight into the weekend, we'll have a couple sprinkles around but your plans should happen without any weather worries. On Saturday , the front will turn around and start moving north through southern New England and eventually to Maine.
Who will be the team for Northern Ireland and the Republic to avoid? That draw takes place on Tuesday. As of now, Morocco, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Cape Verde and South Africa are all alive here, while Honduras and New Zealand could also land in this pot, should they win their respective playoffs against Australia and Peru, and Greece could also, if it wins its UEFA playoff.
One ball is taken from Pot 1 and one from Pot 2 and are placed in a central pot. The first ball drawn determines which team plays the first leg at home, and the second one decides who'll host the return leg.
Tunisia (CAF 1), Senegal (3) and DR Congo (4) will most likely get more favourable draws should they qualify next month for the World Cup.
- Prepare for Stranger Things season 2 with the final trailer
- London refuses to confirm the death of a jihadist british in Syria
- StarTimes to air Federation Internationale de Football Association U-17 World Cup
- Kenya bans protests as election rerun approaches
- Fire Prevention Week: Plan two ways out
- Joe Jonas Gets Engaged to British Actress Sophie Turner
- Next Stop Idlib: Erdogan Announces Turkey's New 'Serious' Operation in Syria
- US, Israel to quit UNESCO
- At least one person dead in California fires
- 15th named storm forms in Atlantic, Ophelia to intensify