Facebook said in a statement, "We're impressed by the way tbh is doing this by using polling and messaging, and with Facebook's resources tbh can continue to expand and build positive experiences".
One of the friends (they have to have also downloaded the app) are notified when they are selected, but the details of who chose them is kept anonymous.
Clean Wisconsin responds to EPA repeal of Clean Power Plan
These requirements, critics argued , would cripple fossil fuel economies, force plant shutdowns and put Americans out of work. Nevada, Arizona and Utah are already aiming to reduce emissions by 15 to 25 percent by 2025.
Tbh co-founders, Nikita Bier, Erik Hazzard, Kyle Zaragoza, and Nicolas Ducdodon, will move to Facebook's headquarters, and continue working on the app.
The amount of the deal hasn't been disclosed, but according to TechCrunch, it's "less than $100 million and won't require any regulatory approval". They are building community and allowing people to share in ways that bring them closer together.
It is unclear how Facebook intends to profit from the new app, which now has no monetization scheme in place. It's the No. 1 free app on the iTunes charts - ahead of YouTube, Snapchat and Instragram. "When we met with Facebook, we realized that we shared numerous same core values about connecting people through positive interactions". The app lets you create surveys which you can send out to your friends anonymously without your original identity. A tbh is used nearly like a form of Instagram currency, since you can trade a TBH for a like on one of your photos.
The development of TBH has shown a similarity to Facebook's early growth - where it was only available in a handful of colleges for a short time, the makers of tbh only made the app available to users in certain states. "The next day it was in three more schools, and then the next day it was in 300 schools".
- Say Hello To KRACK: WiFi Is No Longer Secure
- US, Japan agree to maximize pressure on N. Korea over nuclear program
- Long Term Growth review of Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC)
- StarTimes to air Federation Internationale de Football Association U-17 World Cup
- 49ers officially release linebacker NaVorro Bowman
- White House chief of staff: 'I'm not quitting today'
- Truck Bomb Kills at Least 20 in Somalia's Capital
- North Korea Readies Missile Launch Ahead Of US-South Korea Drill
- Hamas and Fatah compromise
- 26 passengers on board Tejas Express take ill after consuming railway food