Jackson said in a statement, "In recent days we worked with public, private and civic leaders across our community to tell the story of Cleveland's resurgence and pursue this enormous opportunity".
There are 10 locations across the Commonwealth being submitted for the potential second headquarters - HQ2 - and three of those locations are in Central Virginia.
The Lake County Council passed a resolution supporting the effort to attract Amazon, lauding it transportation infrastructure, natural resources and business climate. For Indianapolis it has been a largely quiet process, but one local expert says that might actually play to the city's advantage.
Hammond Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr., said he looked at the old state line generator facility in Hammond and thought it would be a disservice to Hammond not to put in a separate bid. But Amazon said nope.
"I felt like it was possible", McDermott said.
Trump's FCC Head Shuts Down Trump Idea For Punishing 'Fake News' NBC
Democratic lawmakers and press freedom advocates had been urging Pai to speak out on this topic for days. And it likely won't be the last.
"We're probably not going to win, the odds are against us, OK, but sometimes long shots win", says Dr. Gnuschke.
More than 100 communities across the United States were expected to join the frenzied bidding war, with New Jersey Governor Chris Christie offering Amazon up to $7-billion (U.S.) in tax incentives.
The ad said the city didn't meet Amazon's requirement for on-site mass transit, but said residents can easily get to work "on foot, on a bike or just by a quick drive".
Gary Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson was unavailable for comment Thursday, and the city is not disclosing the details of its proposal.
"The reality is that a Gary location provides the best of many worlds". Amazon expects to hire up to 50,000 employees for its new headquarters, and is already struggling to fill all its existing jobs, with 3,000 technology positions now open, Mr. Thomson said. And even if Amazon doesn't pick us, it certainly won't mitigate moore's powerful words.
- Kenya bans protests as election rerun approaches
- Iraqi Government Moves to Further Crack Down On Kurds
- North Korea Readies Missile Launch Ahead Of US-South Korea Drill
- What does Trump want in exchange for letting DACA recipients stay?
- US, Israel to quit UNESCO
- Arsenal Team vs Red Star Belgrade Confirmed
- Facebook Acquires 'tbh,' an Anonymous App for Teens
- London refuses to confirm the death of a jihadist british in Syria
- White House chief of staff: 'I'm not quitting today'
- Joe Jonas Gets Engaged to British Actress Sophie Turner