Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated the Indian hockey team for winning the Asia Cup 2017. The last 10 minutes of defence was the most crucial hockey India would play in the final and they did just defence, killing time between themselves while the Malaysian came haunting for the goal.
After two games each in Super four stage, India are on top with four points followed by Malaysia (three points), Korea (two points) and Pakistan (one point). Malaysia were looking for the all-important equaliser while India were keen to hold onto the 2-1 scoreline, which they did and was crowned Asia Cup 2017 champions. India started off the finals in dream fashion as Ramandeep found the back of the net in the first five minutes of the first quarter.
Satbir Singh (39th minute), Harmanpreet Singh (51), Lalit Upadhyay (52) and Gurjant Singh (57) scored for India. The second goal came from Lalit, who has been in great form throughout the tournament, was finally rewarded in the finals as he gave India a handsome 2-0 lead. Shahril Saabah scored the lone goal for Malaysia in the final.
49ers officially release linebacker NaVorro Bowman
Last year, the District Heights, Md. native was limited to just four games due to a torn Achilles he suffered in early October. The 6-foot, 242-pound Bowman was originally selected by the 49ers in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft out of Penn State.
Malaysia kept up the pressure on the Indian defence in the final 10 minutes of the match, but India absorbed the attacking forays made.
Contrary to the result, the Indians were slow to get off the blocks, while Pakistan was the better side in terms of possession in the first two quarters. India looked more organised after the change of ends.
India, with this Asia Cup win, have justified their favourites tag.
- Prepare for Stranger Things season 2 with the final trailer
- Iraqi Government Moves to Further Crack Down On Kurds
- Google ditches its calorie estimator in Maps after criticism
- Oculus GO debuts as a new standalone virtual reality headset
- Say Hello To KRACK: WiFi Is No Longer Secure
- PM Modi to celebrate Diwali with army soldiers in Gurez
- Trump's FCC Head Shuts Down Trump Idea For Punishing 'Fake News' NBC
- 26 passengers on board Tejas Express take ill after consuming railway food
- Katy Perry Gets Stuck in the Air During Her Concert
- Hamas and Fatah compromise