Jones left the game in the second quarter with a hip flexor injury and was unable to return, with his status originally set as questionable but later downgraded to out.
The Falcons played the second half against Buffalo without starting receivers Julio Jones and Mohamed Sanu. He threw a jump ball to Taylor Gabriel that was intercepted by Micah Hyde. They've gone 15 consecutive quarters without a turnover and have beaten undefeated opponents (with a record of at least 2-0) in consecutive weeks for the first time in franchise history. The end result was the Bills walking away with a 23-17 win, ending the Falcons' three-game winning streak to start the season.
Federation Internationale de Football Association set to relax ban on war commemorations
The new law is expected to be passed by November's global games played during the Remembrance weekend when people don Poppies. The fines led Prime Minister Theresa May to call football's world governing body's stance " utterly outrageous ".
Add the injuries of Jones, Sanu, and defensive lineman Jack Crawford (biceps) and the Falcons could put together an all-injury all-star team.
The Falcons' injury list to starters was significant before the day began. Right tackle Ryan Schraeder is still in concussion protocol and will be replaced once again Ty Sambrailo. While the losses of Jones and Sanu were significant for Atlanta, plenty of fantasy owners are waiting to find out what the status of both players will be going forward. Since getting drafted sixth overall in 2011, he leads the National Football League with an average of 96 yards receiving in 82 career games. That has been the run in the last two games, as the Falcons have averaged 146 rushing yards with the combination of Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman.
- JK: Top Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist gunned down by security forces
- UKIP set to unveil new leader amid resignation threats
- Eman Ahmed dies in Abu Dhabi hospital
- Amit Shah to visit Mangaluru on October 4
- Storm romp over Cowboys in NRL GF
- There Can Be No Safe Havens for Terrorists
- Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe calls snap election
- Benjamin Mendy ruptures knee ligament, to undergo surgery
- Arsenal Can Be Proud of Kieran Gibbs Says Arsene Wenger
- Want to Help Puerto Rico? Repeal a Protectionist Law