"The NFL has decided that it will not force players to stand for the playing of our National Anthem", Trump said.
Trump set off a wave of protest across the National Football League after he called for players who kneel to be fired, saying owners should "get that son of a b***h off the field" during a September rally.
Arsenal Team vs Red Star Belgrade Confirmed
Walcott played a one-two with Wilshere who flicked the ball back to Walcott who headed it across goal. Arsene Wenger said Olivier Giroud predicted his victor for Arsenal against Red Star Belgrade .
It's been very clear on President Donald Trump's take on athletes kneeling during the national nnthem and on Thursday, he took another step to making sure everyone stands. But a post from the president's private Twitter account early Wednesday morning indicated otherwise.
No decision has been taken during this meeting on the thorny issue of the protests of the players during the national anthem, which divides the world of sports and american society the past several weeks. Total disrespect for our great country!
Asked about owners who threatened discipline for players who didn't stand, Goodell said the owners didn't discuss it. "We agreed that these are common issues and pledged to meet again to continue this work together". I think we also have to keep focus on this - we have about six or seven players that are involved with this protest at this point. Stand for the National Anthem. Stop listening to a president who calls these black players "sons of bitches". Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick launched the protests in 2016, refusing to stand for the national anthem to draw attention to racial injustice and police brutality. "But really talking a lot about with the opportunity that exists with our players to try to go and really make a difference in our communities in a positive way". Polls have found that a majority of Americans disapprove of the anthem protests but are unhappy with the way Trump has handled the issue.
- Long Term Growth review of Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC)
- 'Breaking Bad' fans re-enact infamous pizza-throwing scene, homeowners aren't happy
- Dead, 2 Hurt In Shooting At Baltimore
- Kenya: IEBC commissioner quits ahead of repeat Presidential elections
- Iraqi Government Moves to Further Crack Down On Kurds
- Kenya bans protests as election rerun approaches
- PM Modi to celebrate Diwali with army soldiers in Gurez
- India beat Malaysia to lift Asia Cup
- Joe Jonas Gets Engaged to British Actress Sophie Turner
- Google ditches its calorie estimator in Maps after criticism