Murphy said Sunday in his CNN interview that while he did not think Tillerson was a good secretary of state, anyone would have a hard time with Trump's behavior. Schmidt continued to say that Trump is putting thousands of American lives on the line all while getting wrapped up in a feud with the National Football League and botching Puerto Rican relief efforts.
In the Forbes interview, Trump responds to undercutting Tillerson's reported negotiations with North Korea.
Trump was aware before the report earlier this month that Tillerson had referred to him as a "moron" at the Pentagon this summer, a source familiar with the conversation told CNN, but it's unclear whether Trump discussed the remark with Tillerson. "I'm, like, a really smart person".
Trump said Tuesday during a meeting with former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger that he didn't think he undercut Tillerson with his comment about his intelligence. "And I can tell you who is going to win", the president said.
Tillerson adamantly denied he considered resigning, while a spokeswoman later pushed back on the "moron" anecdote, though reporters stood by the account.
Clean Wisconsin responds to EPA repeal of Clean Power Plan
These requirements, critics argued , would cripple fossil fuel economies, force plant shutdowns and put Americans out of work. Nevada, Arizona and Utah are already aiming to reduce emissions by 15 to 25 percent by 2025.
Still, Trump claimed last week that the report was fabricated. "I'm not undermining. I think I'm actually strengthening authority".
"And I can tell you who is going to win", Trump said to Forbes magazine in an interview published hours before Trump and Tillerson were to have lunch at the White House with Defense Secretary Jim Mattis.
"We have two different foreign policies", Murphy said, one conducted by Tillerson and other top administration figures, the other - a competing one - from Trump's Twitter feed.
It's hard to know which is more devastating for the nation - a president so utterly lacking in intelligence and intellectual curiosity that he must be "handled" by his staff to avoid a deadly world catastrophe, or that the fact that he is so inept that foreign powers "play dumb" in an attempt to make global relations accessible for him.
"It was fake news, it was a totally phony story", Trump said on Wednesday.
- PS4 System Update 5.0 Out Now, Here's What It Does
- McDonald's bringing back Szechuan Sauce for one day
- Maryam Nawaz, Captain Safdar appear before accountability court
- Big Ben after 5-interception game: 'Maybe I don't have it anymore'
- India Defense minister teaches Chinese soldiers meaning of 'Namaste'
- Google must improve sales for Pixel 2
- Dove thought this ad celebrated 'the beauty of diversity'
- Retired Army officer from Assam branded as illegal 'Bangladeshi immigrant'
- Next Stop Idlib: Erdogan Announces Turkey's New 'Serious' Operation in Syria
- Pakistan Sufi shrine: At least 13 killed in Baluchistan