Kenya's electoral commission says it's ready for the presidential election re-run this week.
About 70 people have been killed in violence since the election commission declared President Uhuru Kenyatta the victor of elections on 8 August election.
Mr Odinga's supporters have been holding mass protests to demand reforms, including the sacking of key election officials, before a new poll is held.
"Four Commissioners are taking instructions from State House, we can not go to an election with such people in office", said Raila, at a political rally at Kamkunji grounds in Nairobi last week.
The Kenyan shilling dropped to 103.75/85 per dollar on Monday, its lowest level since mid-August, mainly due to concerns about potential violence during a repeat presidential scheduled for October 26, traders said.
Similar calls were made by foreign envoys led by US Ambassador Robert Godec on Monday.
US, Japan agree to maximize pressure on N. Korea over nuclear program
As reported by Fox News , Secretary of State Rex Tillerson yesterday said that diplomacy will continue with North Korea , "until the first bomb drops".
Kenyan prosecutors have asked police to charge a sister of opposition leader Raila Odinga and an opposition legislator for allegedly disrupting the preparations of electoral officials ahead of this week's planned election.
Opposition leader Raila Odinga has described former Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) commissioner Dr Roselyn Akombe as a heroine, adding that she is a "brave, bright woman who outsmarted government mercenaries that were out to finish her".
Mudavadi said Monday's meeting was held with top diplomats from the United States, the European Union, Britain, Norway and Denmark at the request of the embassies.
In a joint statement issued Sunday by the two organizations, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and AU Commission Chairperson Moussa Faki Mahamat urged all political actors, parties and their supporters to create conditions for a peaceful election and refrain from any act of violence, a UN press release said on Monday.
They regretted the decision by opposition leader, Raila Odinga, and his running mate to pull out of the October 26 contest, and urged the opposition to desist from any form of violence or intimidation during and after the polls.
President Uhuru Kenyatta has finally met IEBC Chairman Wafula Chebukati, hours after he softened his stance ahead of the repeat election.
- 26 passengers on board Tejas Express take ill after consuming railway food
- Amazon Studios exec resigns following lesbian producer's sexual harassment accusations
- Prepare for Stranger Things season 2 with the final trailer
- Sonos One Review: Alexa Never Sounded Better
- PM Modi to celebrate Diwali with army soldiers in Gurez
- Iraqi Government Moves to Further Crack Down On Kurds
- Joe Jonas Gets Engaged to British Actress Sophie Turner
- Kenya: IEBC commissioner quits ahead of repeat Presidential elections
- Kenya bans protests as election rerun approaches
- Missing Pakistani journalist probing Indian citizen's case found after 2 years