Three Circuit Judges heard the case and decided that the NFLPA "failed to meet the requisite standard". After the investigation wrapped in August, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Elliott, saying he violated the league's conduct policy. In that case, Elliott would miss the Cowboys' home game against the Eagles on November 19 and would be eligible to return for the season finale, a December 31 game at Philadelphia.
With Elliott playing at a high level once again this season, the loss of the Pro Bowler is a devastating blow for the Cowboys as they try to make their way back into the playoffs. The NFLPA appealed, and the 2nd Circuit granted a temporary stay for Week 9 that let Elliott take the field on Sunday against the Chiefs.
The union was appealing a decision by a federal judge in NY to reject the NFLPA's request for a preliminary injunction on Elliott's behalf. While his legal options aren't exhausted - Thursday's ruling isn't a verdict - Elliott will miss the Cowboys' next six games.
Puerto Rico Cancels Whitefish Energy Contract To Rebuild Electrical Grid
Puerto Rico had the opportunity to opt for mutual aid arrangements but instead opted to outsource the small private company. The governor's office said it welcomed an inquiry.
Dallas (5-3), on a three-game winning streak with significant contributions from Elliott, visits defending NFC champion Atlanta (4-4) on Sunday.
Elliott is second in the NFL with 783 rushing yards and tied for the league lead with seven rushing scores.
As a rookie last season, the former Buckeyes standout rushed for a league-leading 1,631 yards over the course of 15 regular-season games for the playoff-bound Cowboys.
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Elliott for six games on August 11 after a 13-month investigation concluded he was in violation of the league's personal-conduct policy for an incident in the summer of 2016.
- IOS predictive text bug is frustrating, but Apple has a workaround
- Dave Grohl Trashes Jimmy Kimmel's Office
- Sprint, T-Mobile slide as reports cast doubts on merger
- Court remands American accused of trying to topple Mugabe
- Stars turn out for Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' party
- Is Kylie Jenner Planning A Gender Reveal Photo Shoot?
- White House Brushes Off Former Aide's Guilty Plea
- Broadcom plans record tech deal with Qualcomm bid
- TJ Dillashaw Tells Demetrious Johnson he Has His "Seven-Figure" Fight
- British cabinet minister resigns over unauthorized talks with top Israelis