Iranian Foreign Ministry rejects Macron's call for missile talks

Monday, 13 Nov, 2017

"We expect France not to get inculcated by the wrong instructions of some Persian Gulf states against the Islamic Republic of Iran", said Qassemi after urging French President Macron to be fair, realistic, and far-sighted in dealing with the developments of the sensitive regions of the Middle East and the Persian Gulf.

Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Abdullah al-Mouallimi, told Asharq Al-Awsat on Thursday that a committee tasked with following up on UN decisions was now investigating the Iranian ballistic missiles in the framework of updating violations against UN Resolutions, adding that the Saudi side awaits the results of the probe.

But Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qassemi rejected that possibility.

France is "fully aware of our country's intangible position concerning the issue of Iran's defensive affairs, which are not negotiable", the spokesman added.

Macron, during a visit to Dubai on Thursday, said he was "very concerned" by Tehran's missile programme after Saudi Arabia claimed it intercepted a missile fired from Yemen last month.

British cabinet minister resigns over unauthorized talks with top Israelis
In reply, May said in a letter to her: "Now that further details have come to light, it is right that you have chose to resign". Patel's meetings in Israel were arranged by Tory peer Lord Polak, honorary president of the Conservative Friends of Israel.

The Saudis are in full support of President Trump's decision not to certify Iran as in compliance with Obama's treacherous "deal". The fate of the deal has fallen on the US Congress which has 60 days to reimpose nuclear sanctions.

Saudi Arabia heaped on additional the accusations, stating that Iran supplied weapons to the Houthi rebels.

While U.S. President Donald Trump decertified the agreement and imposed sanctions on the Iranian Revolutionary Guards.

When asked whether Saudi Arabia was headed for a direct conflict with Iran, Al-Jubeir replied, "We hope not".

"The Islamic Republic of Iran has repeatedly and clearly announced that it will not engage in any kind of dialogue with any country about its missile program within the framework of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) or any other deal", Hossein Naqavi Hosseini told the Tasnim News Agency Friday.