The Israeli jets reportedly used eastern Lebanese airspace to carry out the strike.
But Israel's former air force chief revealed in August that it had carried out nearly 100 air strikes since 2012 on arms convoys destined for the Iran-backed Hezbollah movement, which is fighting alongside the Syrian army in the country's civil war.
JERUSALEM--Israel Air Force jets reportedly fired on an ammunition warehouse in Syria Wednesday evening.
Syria's Foreign Ministry on Thursday called on the United Nations Security Council to condemn Israel's attacks on Syria after an Israeli strike late on Wednesday.
Israel has acknowledged carrying out airstrikes in Syria since the outbreak of the bloody war in the country six years ago to stop arms deliveries to Hezbollah forces.
Crude Oil Forecast And Technical Analysis October 26th
U.S. crude production rose by 1. 1 million bpd to 9.5 million bpd in the week ended October 20, according to U.S. The price for Brent crude oil was down 0.26 percent to trade at $58.29 per barrel at 9:15 a.m.
Stressing that any "Israeli" military action against Lebanon would not be successful, Aoun made clear that "no one can rely on anyone [else] to defend his country".
The Syrian army responded by firing a surface-to-air missile in the direction of the aircraft, the commander said.
The Nov. 1 strike is the third in Syria attributed to Israel in recent weeks.
Five days later, the IDF hit three Syrian regime artillery positions following five projectiles that were launched towards Israel earlier that morning.
- Gurriel issued five-game ban, but not in World Series
- Stranger Things Actor Barred Entry to US
- Dave Grohl Trashes Jimmy Kimmel's Office
- Amazon announces Alexa powered security camera along with a new delivery service
- Drop your prescription drugs off with no questions asked at these locations
- Potential Tropical Cyclone 18 develops in Caribbean, expected to become Philippe
- Sprint, T-Mobile slide as reports cast doubts on merger
- Federal Bureau of Investigation locates 2nd man wanted for questioning in NYC attack
- Former Trump campaign adviser denies encouraging aide on Russian Federation dealings
- White House Brushes Off Former Aide's Guilty Plea