The 25-year-old made his Premier League debut for Spurs at Wembley on Sunday and produced a number of fine saves to seal the three points.
With players such as Dele Alli, Hugo Lloris and Toby Alderweireld out injured, Dier admits that it was always going to be tough for Tottenham despite Palace's struggles this season.
Eric Dier was also full of praise for the former Gillingham stopper, saying: "It was a great day for Paulo, I thought he did really, really well".
"It was a tough game for us after Wednesday".
Rock-bottom Palace created by far the better chances, but found surprise Spurs debutant Paulo Gazzaniga in inspired form.
Court remands American accused of trying to topple Mugabe
According to CNN, O'Donovan will remain in custody over the weekend while Zimbabwe's highest court considers her bail application. Social media posts played a major role in fueling major anti-government protests in Zimbabwe previous year .
Palace looked the more likely to break the deadlock at the start of the second half and should have taken the lead.
With the 64th-minute victor, Son increased his goals tally to 20 in 72 games to overtake the record of Park Ji-Sung who scored 19 league goals in 154 games.
Wilfried Zaha scuffed wide after taking the ball around Gazzaniga - Palace's best chance - but Hodgson refused to single out the previous week's last-minute goal hero.
Zaha had half a chance to level but his final effort was neither cross nor shot, and with 76 minutes gone Spurs made another switch as Kane departed the action and was replaced by Fernando Llorente. "We knew they'd dominate possession with the quality they have but we worked hard to restrict them and they didn't have many shots to worry us".
"I am so happy because the period was good, only one defeat against Manchester United, which we didn't deserve, but I'm very pleased".
- Dave Grohl Trashes Jimmy Kimmel's Office
- Overworked Russian teen model dies of exhaustion in China
- Federal Bureau of Investigation locates 2nd man wanted for questioning in NYC attack
- Gurriel issued five-game ban, but not in World Series
- Little Red Dot Singapore has huge passport power
- Jared Kushner Turns Over Documents to Special Counsel Robert Mueller
- Israel Air Force jets reportedly fired on an ammunition warehouse in Syria
- A second actor has accused Kevin Spacey of sexual misconduct
- OnePlus 5T coming to India on 16th November via Amazon
- Alabama opens CFP rankings at No. 2